Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm dc5r flywheel

Hi guys,

Just wondering the the weight of the JDM flywheel and AUDM ones?

cheers

4.1kg jdm
    7.6kg au
    Blaze Orange

Comment

big difference..thanks!

Comment

7.6? can't be i think the au is 4.8KG

Comment

the jdm one sounds right... now with AUDM. anyone know exactly.
          cheers

Comment

au is massive compared to JDM...
            ... retired/

Comment

7.6 sounds right

Comment

FROM MARKYMACLMB

JDM FLYWHEEL is 7.6 kg....

TODA Flywheel is 4.1 kg...

Mugen Flywheel is 5.6 kg...

I have all of them...and depending on the usage of the flywheel (how long you had them and if they ever got resurfaced for a used clutch disc) then approximately your weights will be in the ball park of the above figures....

I use Toda 4.1 and after a few times of reapplying Clutch pads I had to resurface the todas so now its like 3.9 kg and I find it a bit tiresome to drive with...only because it decelerates a bit too fast for road use....(FOR ROAD USE)...but when I went to a MUGEN Flywheel off the back of my racing container...I find it perfect...not too heavy or too light....perfect for ROAD USE...the JDM original is 7.6 but its great for normal driving...and you don't loose alot of speed during times when you let the foot of the gas and coast alot on the speed you accumulated....which equates to better mileage...cause you don't have to give the gas pedal another go to sustain the speeds....But in Thailand Bangkok traffic is mostly stop and go except for long toll ways and express lanes...

hope that helps all those looking for info...about flywheels...

Comment

Originally posted by markymaclmb View Post
                  FROM MARKYMACLMB

JDM FLYWHEEL is 7.6 kg....

TODA Flywheel is 4.1 kg...

Mugen Flywheel is 5.6 kg...

I have all of them...and depending on the usage of the flywheel (how long you had them and if they ever got resurfaced for a used clutch disc) then approximately your weights will be in the ball park of the above figures....

I use Toda 4.1 and after a few times of reapplying Clutch pads I had to resurface the todas so now its like 3.9 kg and I find it a bit tiresome to drive with...only because it decelerates a bit too fast for road use....(FOR ROAD USE)...but when I went to a MUGEN Flywheel off the back of my racing container...I find it perfect...not too heavy or too light....perfect for ROAD USE...the JDM original is 7.6 but its great for normal driving...and you don't loose alot of speed during times when you let the foot of the gas and coast alot on the speed you accumulated....which equates to better mileage...cause you don't have to give the gas pedal another go to sustain the speeds....But in Thailand Bangkok traffic is mostly stop and go except for long toll ways and express lanes...

hope that helps all those looking for info...about flywheels...

lol!

great post - but WRONG CAR!

asking about DC5 not DC2
                  ... retired/

Comment

So this is what it feels like being OWNED....oops....

Yeah...I gasped after reading the title again...

anyway..its nice to know that the weight of the flywheel of the DC5 R and DC2 R are very similar...despite horsepower differences from factory...maybe Honda had a very good reason to keep it at 7.6?

Comment

Originally posted by markymaclmb View Post
                      So this is what it feels like being OWNED....oops....

Yeah...I gasped after reading the title again...

anyway..its nice to know that the weight of the flywheel of the DC5 R and DC2 R are very similar...despite horsepower differences from factory...maybe Honda had a very good reason to keep it at 7.6?
                      well yes, but in your post - you pointed out some disadvantages of the super-light FW's, and your reasoning as to why the Mugen one is more nicer to drive and your points about the OEM FW probably the best indicator as to why factory is so heavy - drivability

but note that the JDM DC5R flywheel is massively lighter than the other non-JDM DC5R flywheels - proof of how *hardcore* Honda saw the JDM spec DC5 Type R
                      ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                      X