Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yokohama s drives tyres!

hey guys,

we getting the k.rudd stimulus package soon!

so i want a sensible new mod ...i heard excellent reports about these tyres ...just wondering if there better and more affordable options ?

cheers

David
    ready! steady! go! i-VTEC!!!

Kumho Ecsta XS should be much better performance tyres than the s-drives. Take a look at the tyre thread for a kick ass deal on price at the moment.
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

A friend put Yoko S-Drives on his NC MX5. They are rubbish.... no dry grip, they are very progressive however.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

yeah i found my s-drive not enough grip at all

Comment

May be try Toyo Proxes R1R, I am going to give them a go for my next set......

The Proxes R1R is an ultra-high performance passenger car tyre that provides uncompromised performance for users that require a tyre with higher grip levels than most ultra-high performance tyres.

The Proxes R1R utilizes a motor sport-inspired silica re-inforced tread compound (UTQG Treadwear rating of 140), and a casing construction that features extra-wide steel belts & steel side plies for exceptional levels of wet & dry grip. The aggressive directional tread pattern prevents aquaplaning even at high speeds. Available size range will expand.

The UTQG Treadwear Rating of 140 allows the use of the Proxes R1R for the Clubsprint class at "Superlap" and "Time Attack" events where rules specify tyres with a UTQG Treadwear Rating of >100. Tread shaving / buffing will provide improved lap times for these events in dry conditions

Quote from Toyo Web page....
          Last edited by air23box; 24-03-09, 03:32 PM.
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

i used potenza re-001 before for my dc2r, quite happy about it

Comment

made the mistake of buying a set of S drives just weeks b4 they released the RE001...

very dissappointed with them!

on our dc2r I am not even inclined to push it around corners in the dry cos they protest under duress....even less grippy than the cheaper GIII b/stone tyre which are a much older design. Btw the S drives look like a copy of the GIII with more grooves cut into them...

They came dead last in an Evo mag tyre test last year and I could agree with that test more.

On the plus side they are v quiet and comfy tyres with lower rolling resistance than most tyres and you could feel that.

So for those performance orientated drivers out there, unless you must buy a set of Yoko tyres to go with the Advan stickers on your fenders dont bother, please.
              Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                May be try Toyo Proxes R1R, I am going to give them a go for my next set......

The Proxes R1R is an ultra-high performance passenger car tyre that provides uncompromised performance for users that require a tyre with higher grip levels than most ultra-high performance tyres.

The Proxes R1R utilizes a motor sport-inspired silica re-inforced tread compound (UTQG Treadwear rating of 140), and a casing construction that features extra-wide steel belts & steel side plies for exceptional levels of wet & dry grip. The aggressive directional tread pattern prevents aquaplaning even at high speeds. Available size range will expand.

The UTQG Treadwear Rating of 140 allows the use of the Proxes R1R for the Clubsprint class at "Superlap" and "Time Attack" events where rules specify tyres with a UTQG Treadwear Rating of >100. Tread shaving / buffing will provide improved lap times for these events in dry conditions

Quote from Toyo Web page....
                WOW! they look awesome ... ..well mite just go back to stock wheels and get these put on to them ...cos its gonna cost ard 2k for a set of 4s (18inch rims )..tell me how they go when u get em or vice versa!

cheers guys for the help!

was thinking of getting the bridgestone potenza or kumho ecsta XS cos they're going on 18's ...
                ready! steady! go! i-VTEC!!!

Comment

I just put them on yesterday....will do some driving around and write a review later
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                    I just put them on yesterday....will do some driving around and write a review later
                    Hey bro, can I know where did you purchase your R1R from?

Cheers,
                    Ryan.

Comment

I have Bridgestone RE001 on my DC2R and they are excellent. Loads of grip and cornering stability. Great in the wet so far, too.
                      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Agreed, S-Drives are rubbish, especially for the price of them.

They give me no confidence, in the dry and in the wet.

Tested different air pressure and no improvement.

My next tyres will most likely be Toyo T1R's or Re-001's

Comment

I like S drive. they are soft though. But for the price, not the best value for money
                          - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                          X