Mugen in Golf?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen in Golf?!?

Ok, i've recently been obsessed with golf and been doing some searching around to find new shaft options for my driver and came across this...

surely there's some copyright issues....

this is their company website.

http://www.harrison.com/whatsnew.htm

Maybe they're working in collaboration?
    Either way, they probably have mugen's permission or something cause they'd be pretty dumb if they didn't.

Comment

Don't really see any copyrighting issues there.

The Mugen ( endless)Kanji is used commonly, so If a japanese newspaper was to put in mugen / endless kanji you think its breaking copy right issues?

And I don't think Mugen / M-tec would even waste time and money over something so fickle, especially with the economic crisis.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

it depends if Mugen / M-tec has registered the kanji logo as trademark. if they have and if they have registered it in the appropriate class for golf products then the golf coy maybe in trouble.

otherwise using Mugen or the kanji for the golf coy should be fine. As Mugen / Mtec only do car stuff. you cannot register a logo for everything.

Comment

obsessed with GOLF? hey ME TOO!

Comment

haha...mugen power tuning golf tools now......

Comment

from the thread title i thought you were talking about Mugen parts in a VW Golf

LOL

Comment

dude mitsubishi make shafts to, i am a golfer also hehe

Comment

just from the look of that kanji, the style of the kanji is the same as Mtec's Mugen.
                  the slope, italic style and the thickness of the stroke etc...that's what I'm getting at.

Comment

hey bungsai, where do you play in melb? what driving range is around/near the city?
                    i need my fix for next week when i'm down in melbourne!

Comment

oh sweet! come down and have a game!
                      CITR golf meet.

Ummm

http://www.ausgolf.com.au/guide/club...BendGolfCourse

was looking very nice and green when i drove past the other day.

I tend to play pretty far out in the suburbs.

are you a member of a golf club? If so theres some very nice golf clubs around but they are EXXY...the infamous melbourne sandbelt.

Kingston Links is a decent public course green fees are around $50 so its a little bit more upmarket but pretty far out at the suburbs.

IF You just need your fix. Albert Park Lake golf course, Yarra Bend Golf Course, Royal Park golf course are all public and all pretty near the city.

Driving range at Albert Park Lake GC.
                      Last edited by bungsai; 20-03-09, 10:37 PM.

Comment

thanks! I don't think I'll have the time to play a round. I'm down there for the F1 weekend with the missus so she won't like me sneaking off to play 18holes...hehe
                        but she approves of the driving range. Also i won't have my clubs with me either.

will the F1 interfere with Albert Park Lake?

Comment

haha yep, there wont be any albert park action with the F1 on.

hrrm im not sure of the next closest driving range.

Comment

im getting a driver!
                            "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                              hey bungsai, where do you play in melb? what driving range is around/near the city?
                              i need my fix for next week when i'm down in melbourne!
                              lol not even a week without golf, i would take my clubs to melb to but i think its 2 much of the trouble for such a short time away, u could also go into golf world or something similar and "test" clubs as an alternative. i love those computer simulator things, always try and amp up the club head speed haha

Comment

Working...
                              X