m0nty's Next Road Car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry View Post
    Ill go for the s2k due to it is more fun to play around with in regards to mods etc. Down side is cant put nice offset wheels on it.
    yes you can. just the people here are too weaksauce to do it.

Sam, id go S2K. They are becoming very affordable and a good base for modding. Cant go past honda realibility.

Final drive, ohlins coilovers, AEM EMS and ITB's and your cranking! Have it rolling on some Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +40 with some sticky tyres and you will have yourself an excellent street car/weekend track warrior!

ps: there is a red one on OH with AP2 front and rear bars with new roof for only 25k if your looking for one atm.
    LONDA

Comment

Not very many options here in australia for weekend/track cars at a decent price but I'd take the s2k I know few people with a 350z and a few with s2ks. More people seem to have more fun with their s2k compared to the people who the 350z.
      "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

s2k > 350z.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Maybe a good question would be, have you had a convertible before?

Comment

I think you'd be a tad tall for the s2k Sam...

I would've said maybe a GTi Golf or something, but I assume seeing as you sell em day in day out you're a bit over them?
            Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Mk4 R32?

Comment

R33 GTR Vspec? if you arent in a rush and can spend some time searching for a nice example..
                FD RX7 kouki model, if u dont care about fuel prices they look nice and can be made to go and handle like a dream. pace of evo with fun of s2000..

i hate convertibles so thats a big minus for the s2k in my books, but they look lovely with a nice mugen/amuse etc roof and would be great as a light-tune machine.

if u watch best motoring's test of powerhouse amuse ap1 vs z33, the s2000 is basically neck-and-neck with the z on the touge and circuit. both cars run the same tyre type, similar cf parts and suspension/driveline tuning, but whereas the honda relies on intake,exhaust and ecu 'light tuning', the nissan has cams done too, and more carbonfibre parts, in order to make it competitive with the honda..

anyway, choosing is half the fun, so enjoy either way, and take 'em both for a drive to see which you prefer.
                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

hey Sam, have you posted this question on a Nissan forum?

I voted for the 350z because of the instant torque, sweet sounding v6 and tougher looks.

I thought John's 350z would have been a great weekend car if you're not going to turn it into a track slut (and if it was still around - sad story)

Comment

Even tho it has instant torque it was such a maggot for a 3.5L V6 motor.
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

If it's a weekend car I'd say s2000. For a daily driver 350z. Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +40, the spokes stick out a tad and makes it look ugly. I'd say anything <22+ with the concave going would look gorgeous with fenders pulled out mind you.

Comment

I'm interested in getting either a R36 or Jetta 147 Sam

Hook me up pls!

Comment

Instead of going for these "done to death" model, i would rather opt for something rare. Seeing that you already have the race DC5R for your time attack and etc, i don't think you need something that's already proven.

IMO, go for a small hot hatch
                          For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalT View Post
                            If it's a weekend car I'd say s2000. For a daily driver 350z. Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +40, the spokes stick out a tad and makes it look ugly. I'd say anything <22+ with the concave going would look gorgeous with fenders pulled out mind you.
                            Sorry guy but in 17" anything from +45 down with 9" width has the semi concave face in RPF1s.

Comment

my 2 cents, i would get an s2k
                              my sale thread 21.01.12
                              CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Renault Megane ???

/Oo ___H___ oO\
                                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
                                X