m0nty's Next Road Car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m0nty's Next Road Car....

... and before any of you say "Just finish the DC5" you will need to know that this car is a weekend fun car.

It is not going to be an all out track warrior but will be slightly modified. Since I have a company car also, practicality is not high on the list of requirements. At the moment I am leaning towards a 350Z or S2000. I'm prepared to spend somewhere in the vicinity of $30-35k.

Car will see some occassional track use and possibly tarmac rally later on in life.

Feel free to put forward any other suggestions.
    Honda S2000
    66.67%
    Nissan 350Z Track
    15.00%
    Other
    18.33%

Monty,

You may want to consider my 350Z Track.
    I am looking at parting this out so the price could come down to your budget depending on what you wanted with the car.
    http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=11200

Comment

I voted for s2000. Put some Bilstein PSS9 or KW V3s on it, some wiiiiiideee sticky tyres, upgrade pads and fluid and it will be a nice occasional track car and still comfortable for daily. Running costs will be cheaper than the 350z in terms of consumables for track since the S2000 is a smaller and lighter car with smaller tyres and less power.

Comment

wheres the who gives a shit option ?

I voted other.

/Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

30-35k would give you money to look into the Evo market, of the same vintage as S2k and 350z your looking at.

Also only a few grand short of the new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart... And looking at that car "on paper", it looks quiet appealing.

But out of the S2k and 350z track, I would go S2k

Comment

Ferrari F355
            MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Ferrari F430 > Ferrari F355!
              hehehe

but i vote s2k... keeping with the honda theme!
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                30-35k would give you money to look into the Evo market, of the same vintage as S2k and 350z your looking at.

Also only a few grand short of the new Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart... And looking at that car "on paper", it looks quiet appealing.

But out of the S2k and 350z track, I would go S2k
                I find Evo's boring and unrewarding. For an everyday car they're not comfortable and for a weekend car, they don't push any fun buttons in my opinion.

The Ralliart Lancer in my opinion is an ugly thing. I hired a VR this weekend gone for a Great Ocean Road drive and it was OK as a rental but I don't see the appeal in a half done Evo X... in auto only.

Thanks for the input though.

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                  wheres the who gives a shit option ?

I voted other.

Clearly you do. You clicked and posted after all.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    I find Evo's boring and unrewarding. For an everyday car they're not comfortable and for a weekend car, they don't push any fun buttons in my opinion.

The Ralliart Lancer in my opinion is an ugly thing. I hired a VR this weekend gone for a Great Ocean Road drive and it was OK as a rental but I don't see the appeal in a half done Evo X... in auto only.

Thanks for the input though.
                    Yes the Auto only option is a bit lame, but its a "Mitsubishi-DSG"... so I'm guessing its good, going by all the reviews (Yet to drive a car with the new style of auto/manual gearbox's).

I'm guessing you would feel the same about the STi's then...

Comment

Originally posted by Integral View Post
                      Monty,

You may want to consider my 350Z Track.
                      I am looking at parting this out so the price could come down to your budget depending on what you wanted with the car.
                      http://www.my105.com.au/classified.asp?id=11200
                      Wow! I remember that car from a Track Attack at Oran Park GP last year. I was in the black Golf R32 chasing you most of the day.

Has to be one of the best turned out Z's getting around. Didn't realize that was your car Peter.

Comment

s2k is a great car. If you dont need the practicality cos of your VAN, then get one!

Comment

even though the S2000 has little storage space, how often do you plan on moving bootfulls anyway ?

i find the bootspace sufficient for the groceries, a large overnight bag with enough space for smaller items.

i personally find the ride confortable.

and finally, im biased
                          "Success is 99% Failure"
                          Soichiro Honda.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                            ... and before any of you say "Just finish the DC5" you will need to know that this car is a weekend fun car.

It is not going to be an all out track warrior but will be slightly modified. Since I have a company car also, practicality is not high on the list of requirements. At the moment I am leaning towards a 350Z or S2000. I'm prepared to spend somewhere in the vicinity of $30-35k.

Car will see some occassional track use and possibly tarmac rally later on in life.

Feel free to put forward any other suggestions.
                            mate, this question is gunna piss alot of people off, i can't afford to mod the car i've got at the moment, let alone worry about which awesome car i should be adding to my garage! anyhoo i voted s2000 you lucky bastard
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Ill go for the s2k due to it is more fun to play around with in regards to mods etc. Down side is cant put nice offset wheels on it.
                              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Working...
                              X