Modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
    Interesting... I'll have to check mine for cracking. But haven't had any noises since installation.
    my WL sway is over 4 years old, still in perfect working order... the paint has cracked, obviously due to my hardcore driving, but the paint cracking doesnt make any creaking noises...

mind you , i did install it myself, using the proper grease and all...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by civicek4 View Post
      I don't think you can go past Tein Flex's.
      yes you can - Toda Fightex,
      ...I'm a Toda Whore... :-p
      MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

To sum up the last few posts:

Figure what you want to do with the car first..
        Step 1. Take her down to the track as is, if its your thing, then using the track experience as a guide, setup the handling of the car, then power
        Step 2. If tracks not your thing, then drag it as is at WSID or summut..then you can spend the money on engine, gearing etc
        Step 3. the above not your thing and you're an old Pacific Highway touge master, keep the money cause you might need to buy a new car when this one gets confiscated or written off.
        Step 4. If nothing at all in the first 3 steps, obviously you're a show car fanatic then, get a custom spray job, wombat skin seats and just slam the car by cutting the springs..oh, and join Autosalon or something..
        MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          my WL sway is over 4 years old, still in perfect working order... the paint has cracked, obviously due to my hardcore driving, but the paint cracking doesnt make any creaking noises...

mind you , i did install it myself, using the proper grease and all...
          Same here... I got mine 2nd hand... greased up the mounts prior to installing them... and no problems.

Must have had a dud swaybar Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by e240 View Post
            wombat skin seats
            Oh now that does sounds kinda cool :O What does wombat skin feel like tho??

Comment

Originally posted by e240 View Post
              To sum up the last few posts:

Figure what you want to do with the car first..
              Step 1. Take her down to the track as is, if its your thing, then using the track experience as a guide, setup the handling of the car, then power
              Step 2. If tracks not your thing, then drag it as is at WSID or summut..then you can spend the money on engine, gearing etc
              Step 3. the above not your thing and you're an old Pacific Highway touge master, keep the money cause you might need to buy a new car when this one gets confiscated or written off.
              Step 4. If nothing at all in the first 3 steps, obviously you're a show car fanatic then, get a custom spray job, wombat skin seats and just slam the car by cutting the springs..oh, and join Autosalon or something..
              wow leo... very well summed up, u got it all covered!

Comment

The guy that posted up the thread never came back.. He never said anything.. He either disappeared or he has been taking notes that he has no time to respond.. lol
                - Project R -

Comment

yea hey im back, i was just taking everything in and calling up joints to get the best prices on things, and what i have discovered is that for the money you spend on the dc5r the power you get out of it is not that substancial.

as aposed to say spending it on a evo or sti. so im probibly only gonna do minor engine mods, and when i want to spend serious money ill either buy one of the above cars.

my brother has a 02 sti and i can see that little modifications makes a big difference, let alone 5-6k, which i have to spend.

so for nmow im definatly happy with the car and will only change minor things.

but on the other hand i might just keep this car and turbo the shit out of it and keep it for ever!

any thoughts???????

Comment

Stop now, and buy the Evo

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydc5 View Post
                      but on the other hand i might just keep this car and turbo the shit out of it and keep it for ever!

any thoughts???????
                      exactly!!! by simply doubling your budget and leaving the rest of the car stock, your boosted engine (turbo or supercharger) will leave rexxies and evo's in your wake...
                      ... retired/

Comment

all comes down to what u want... If u just want to street then i can see why u want a turbo. instant gains and what not.

Track your car and see how u go. Invite ur friend in his sti and compare. See the difference :P
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

IMO....put a turbo in a vtec NA...wht a waste~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X