How to clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to clay

Find this on Youtube....very informative......
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEfLGL59GI
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZRj5...eature=related
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Cool Stuff.

Comment

Super handy! I love it!!

Comment

Good links dude.. Im gunna give this a go on my teg.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by justinfox
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Do you only clay the metal panels on your car or can and do you do the plastic bumpers as well?

Quote:
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
            Do you only clay the metal panels on your car or can and do you do the plastic bumpers as well?
            I generally do all the painted surfaces. Clay bar works well on glass too.

Comment

Thanks for that... What brand of clay are you using? I was thinking of just getting meguires or mothers?

Quote:

Comment

I use mothers it works pretty good. But I wouldn't use it all the time just once ever so often
                "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

either one are good......as long as you dun over do it....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

maguires has worked great for me - comes with the detailing spray to lube it up...

only do it prior to a polish & sealant application...

see www.waxit.com.au

for products
                    ... retired/

Comment

Yeah cool guys, I got the meguires one today for $34 from autobarn with the detailing spray etc. I think il give it a go tomoz..

So, wash and dry car first then clay bar it.. after claying it waxit says to wash the car again to remove any excess clay lubricant. So would that be a regular wash with suds and sponge?
                      Last edited by DC2R; 16-01-09, 09:13 PM.

Quote:

Comment

yeah, regular wash with proper suds...

then you MUST polish (or use paint sealant, e.g. Poorboys) it as the clay removes ALL previous polish/wax... (i.e. what is protecting the paint)
                        ... retired/

Comment

Cheers for the info Tinkerbell.. Yeah, I have the meguires polish and wax which will be applied as well..

Quote:

Comment

So, I clayed my car today.. I was expecting it to get alot of stuff of my paint. But it didnt really which suprised me. My paint was in better condition then I had thought.. I did get some stuff off but nothing substantial.. I didnt rewash the car though, after wiping down all the panels after claying with a terry towel i felt i didnt need to wash it again. I then applied mothers polish/glaze and then mothers wax/sealant. It came up pretty nice I must admit.. As for the clay. I don't think i'd use it again. I'd rather just use the paint cleaner from meguires or mothers.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

Quote:

Comment

tried the meguires quick clay, biggest difference it made was the roof. removed all contaminants. wouldn't use it again if i really had to but came up much smoother then ever.
                              Ex: IVTECI DC5R

Comment

Working...
                              X