Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel alignment.

Hey all,

Today I got a new set of Bridgestone RE001 fitting to my DC5R.

The tyre shop also did a wheel alignment but I found that the steering wheel is tilted to the right a little when travelling straight and I was wondering what could be wrong.

From my understand they have they own pre-set specifications but from memory there are settings that are in the owner manual. Should I be following those? I am going back tomorrow to correct it.

Thanks

they probably didn't center the steering wheel very well before they started their calibration.

Comment

always tilted to the right a lil.. but not much.. just a tiny..
      - Project R -

Comment

Actually I think its to the left a lil, so as not to have a head-on if you fell asleep. Although if it’s for track there are people on here who can advise for different set ups
        Last edited by Talos; 17-12-08, 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I always thought the steering wheel was meant to lean to the right, so when you hold the steering wheels straight, it will move u to the left and not onto incoming?
          sigpic

Comment

That happens to me almost everytime I wheel align.

Just get them to re-align it for you.
            "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

the steering wheel is meant to be STRAIGHT.

the alignment is set fractionally left (by most places) so you pull left.

but - i always request my my own settings and never take it to a place that wont let me specify my own specs or watch the aligner do his job...
              ... retired/

Comment

When I hold my steering straight my car goes straight. To avoid going into oncoming traffic I simply just don't fall asleep at the wheel or I don't turn into the oncoming traffic.

Or am I missing the point here?

From personal experience getting a decent alignment was quite a frustrating journey where I tried many different places. Finally found one where all the Melbourne boys go to as well.

Comment

i need an alignment might go to the place where you guys all go.

I used to go to the tyre factory but not too impressed with them since they gave me bad advice on tyres.
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                    When I hold my steering straight my car goes straight. To avoid going into oncoming traffic I simply just don't fall asleep at the wheel or I don't turn into the oncoming traffic.

Or am I missing the point here?

From personal experience getting a decent alignment was quite a frustrating journey where I tried many different places. Finally found one where all the Melbourne boys go to as well.
                    100% agree...
                    ... retired/

Comment

if you are in sydney, go to east coast suspension or heasmens, both top places!
                      RWD + Boost =

Comment

can anyone recommend someone a place fairfield/liverpool area?

i too am finding it hard to find a place that can do good wheel alignments!

Comment

Originally posted by deceivin View Post
                          can anyone recommend someone a place fairfield/liverpool area?

i too am finding it hard to find a place that can do good wheel alignments!
                          Jax Tyres at Liverpool. Manager there is called Aaron from memory. They do great work and will dial in settings at request.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                            Jax Tyres at Liverpool. Manager there is called Aaron from memory. They do great work and will dial in settings at request.

yep been there, the best. They sell 215/45/17 RE001 Adrenalins for $179 atm too

Comment

I wanted to know a good place in the north side of sydney. All the good places seems to be in the south and etc......
                              For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X