Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Honda NSX

Hey all,

I haven't been here for a while but i was hoping you guys could help me.

I'm looking at an NSX tomorrow and to be honest i know so very little about them,

what should i be looking for?

what differences are there between models etc?

The one i'm looking at is a 1993 model, manual, mugen exhaust oz racing wheels 69 000 km

Cheers
    Evan

Originally posted by 46AZM View Post
    Hey all,

I haven't been here for a while but i was hoping you guys could help me.

I'm looking at an NSX tomorrow and to be honest i know so very little about them,

what should i be looking for?

what differences are there between models etc?

The one i'm looking at is a 1993 model, manual, mugen exhaust oz racing wheels 69 000 km

Cheers
    Evan
    find out where it was serviced - talk to the service people too maybe??

they will surely remember it!
    ... retired/

Comment

go buy the lastest honda tuning it has a list of things to look for
      and u need to look there are quite a lot of things

Comment

Checked the usual like oil leaks.
        When test driving the car check if the gear box is working well. (no crunchers)
        I was told the power windows switch tends to fail over time.
        ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

ROFL @ chi..

i know nico was trying to sell his NSX before.. it was a worthy buy. you should definately look into it. one of the chepaest ones around from memory

someone call nico and get him to contact this fella

Comment

Originally posted by zco View Post
            ROFL @ chi..

i know nico was trying to sell his NSX before.. it was a worthy buy. you should definately look into it. one of the chepaest ones around from memory

someone call nico and get him to contact this fella
            Nico's NSX has been sold.
            ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

NSX prime is a great source for information on the NSX. How much is the guy asking for it if you dont mind me asking?

OR pm Aka NSX, laski use to own an NSX so i would imagine he would be very knowledgable on this subject
              LONDA

Comment

Recently drove my uncle's red '91 manual with 263k km's. He uses it as a daily driver, has had a few issues over the years, but nothing major. The clutches are quite expensive, and prone to wear depending how they are driven, they are a twin plate unit. The BOSE amplifiers die after a while... rear tyre wear was an issue on the earlier alignment spec, but Honda advised to run less toe to reduce rear tyre wear.

My uncle's car has a problem with the speedo at the moment, and the TCS as a result of the speedo problem. Not sure if it is a VSS or another component, but either way it's a pain. The speedo works then drops out entirely.

But either way, a well looked after 69k km NSX has years of enjoyment left in it, if treated kindly. The motors are strong and reliable.
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

263k kms is an epic amount of kms...
                  LONDA

Comment

Wow..

wind back that tacho just for peice of mind..

Comment

Get someone you trust who really knows cars to pick the shit out of it before you buy it.
                      (Don't take someone who is just going to go wow... & all ga ga)
                      These things cost an arm & a leg to fix when things turn out for the worse.
                      Could be a good thing... Could be a lemon.
                      Good luck.
                      TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                      TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                      Official Australian Distributors
                      Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

thanks so much for all the advice guys!

I'll let you know what happens

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
                          263k kms is an epic amount of kms...
                          proof of desirability
                          ... retired/

Comment

hey! your Elise is not satisfying you and now you want an NSX??
                            I knew you would always come back to a Honda.
                            Scott and Brad at Honda care would be more than happy to help you out in checking the car over. Especially Scott, I totally trust these guys with my Honda ever since I owned it new.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                              hey! your Elise is not satisfying you and now you want an NSX??
                              I knew you would always come back to a Honda.
                              Scott and Brad at Honda care would be more than happy to help you out in checking the car over. Especially Scott, I totally trust these guys with my Honda ever since I owned it new.
                              Hey Jeff,

Thanks for that mate, i'm going to check it soon, if it's worth pursuing i'll give those guys a buzz.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X