Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Nissan 370z

Hey All,

I know the 370z pictures have been floating around, but i believe it has been officially released in the US.

For more information, go here http://www.370zblog.com/]

Whilst reading, there are 2 things i thought were quite interesting

Finally we get to one of the best innovations in the new Z, the 6 speed manual transmission with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM). This thing is a revolution, it makes heel and toeing practically obsolete and allows the driver to focus on steering and braking.
    I think this is a great compromise that would make tracking and getting better times easier for more people.

Secondly

MSRP of around $30,000 (final performance figures and pricing to be available at a
    later date).
    Even if our dollar was to go back close to parity with the US, WTF, do we not get prices like this!!!

still waiting for info on what she will weigh in at...

Comment

Originally posted by ilusi View Post
      Even if our dollar was to go back close to parity with the US, WTF, do we not get prices like this!!!
      1. The US has far more trading power
      2. The US will import 1000000000000x more of these than AUS so it becomes cheaper due to shipping costs
      3. The market prices there are generally lower for the above two reasons, so cars are priced accordingly to suit the market prices and average income targets.

Comment

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/wp-..._Z34_01_fw.jpg

There is a couple of great articles on the motor report

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/124...ails-revealed/

Personally i really like the look of it atm, sounds like it has an awesome bunch of extras to go with it. Will have to wait and see what the AU$ prices will be tho

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
          still waiting for info on what she will weigh in at...
          "Coupled with the Z34’s relatively low 1466kg curb weight (39kg less than a base model 350Z)"

Not a bad weight reduction...
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

bummer for those who just bought a 350... sounds a lot better!
            double wishbone aluminium front susy
            more power, less weight, higher engine compression, stiffer, lower, shorter, wider!
            sports pack has bigger rays forged wheels, bigger brakes, chin and rear spoilers...

all good!

speaking of stiffer, lower, wider... saw 2 R8's in town this morning.. far out they look the biz.. R8>>Carrera... but the 4.2 V8 isnt enough to justify the awesome looks... V10 will be much better hopefully

Comment

Finally a return to Z'esque shapes. Moving the roofline further back was such a good decision. The only thing I'm not sure about is the head lamp/tail lamp design.

Comment

oh and sports has an lsd too i think... which the cayman doesnt have

shame on you porsche!

Comment

fuck thats ugly
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

i'm trying to like the look..honestly..i think the rear will grow on me:

and the profile from rear 3/4 looks good:...

...but the front looks awful! horrible headlights!

regardless of dynamic/performance improvements over the z33, i would struggle to get over the ugliness of this car..
                    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

..give me an amuse-tuned z33 any day:

"What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Read about the full specs HERE.

I actually really really like it. The headlights will grow on me over time too.
                        Last edited by m0nty; 22-11-08, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Hmm I must say I don't mind this car, I think it's gonna be good car to do up a bit

Comment

........if only i had the money.....

Comment

i for one think this car looks sexy. good to see nissan bringing back the old school shape. one think i dont like is the larger capacity, bugger the displacement, make it rev more!

Comment

Working...
                              X