Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door actuator broken

Hey everyone, just need some advice.

I think its the door actuator broken, sometimes my door doesn't open (drive side only) when i pull the handle, i have to yank it in then push it while pulling the handle which is quite dangerous when i have parked cars next to me

I have been on clubrsx and seems like other people have problems with the door actuator so i'm guessing that's my problem. Has anyone else had this problem and how'd you fix it, I don't want to have to take it to honda unless i really have to since I don't want to fork out money for it

PS: It's on a DC5S

doesnt sound like the actuator if your door actually unlocks (remotely).
    perhaps you should check the cable between the door handle and the latch
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

sounds like the aftermarket door actutor inside the driver's door has came loose ie the fasteners where the 2 rods are linked and jams at times or all the time so you cant pull the door release lever properly.

just take your door trim off and the prob should be very obvious, assuming the screws are all there simply tighten them back up again and adjust if nec.
      Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I just had my exam and don't really feel like doing anything at the moment. I'll take a look in the weekend.

Comment

sometimes it's just a broken clip. You won't know anything till you open it up and take a look.
          "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
          X