• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Exhaust Systems

hey just wondering what exhaust systems do u DC5S drivers have installed

toda headers + mugen catback

Comment

how much did the mugen cat set you back? and how do u think the fujitsubo powergetter compares to the mugen.

im looking to buy an exhaust system this christmas...pretty unsure about what i want.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en_11 View Post
        how much did the mugen cat set you back? and how do u think the fujitsubo powergetter compares to the mugen.

im looking to buy an exhaust system this christmas...pretty unsure about what i want.

thanks
        Powergetter has been said to be the best in terms of bang for buck. The mugen is very exe in comparison with a lot of competitors. Looking at 1500 for one new i believe.

Toda, Powergetter, RM01 (?), Amuse R1, BC spec 2 or 3 (these are like eardrum burst material but), Jays Racing

Powergetter or Toda imo.
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

i have the power getter with stock header

i find it a little loud for my liking now
          maybe i'm getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en_11 View Post

thanks
            A used one will be anywhere b/w 700 and 1000 depending on condition...

I have tried the rm01a which gave good mid-range and top end but lost a little low end (typical result of aftermarket catbacks)

I chose the rm01a over the powergetter at the time purely because i found the powergetter slightly too loud (boomy) for my taste when used with a race header...

I finally settled with the mugen twinloop because of it's unique tone, and more importantly because it retains low end torque through the twinloop design while still releasing mid-top end power.

Comment

has anyone had any experience with the HKS silent Hi-Power

Comment

hey im also looking to get the powergetter for my DC5.
                iv been looking around and some sites call it the "fujitsubo power getter exhaust system", i just wanted to know what that includes

and also is there a difference between a cat back exhaust and a catalytic converter?

sorry for all the noob questions

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                  i have the power getter with stock header

i find it a little loud for my liking now
                  maybe i'm getting old
                  I have this setup as well. Find its great for street because its not very loud unless you are past 5000rpm.

Personally I find it a bit too quiet, but I think thats just the influence of the MR crew in Melbourne .

Here is a vid of the PG click
                  Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                  "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                  sigpic
                  itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                  send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

well, crew in melbourne are using catbacks like amuse and buddyclub spec 3....of course the powergetter will sound quiet against these...lol

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                      well, crew in melbourne are using catbacks like amuse and buddyclub spec 3....of course the powergetter will sound quiet against these...lol
                      what exhaust......

cough not to mention the influence of some particular Js racing products..
                      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                      Originally posted by tinkerbell
                      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                        what exhaust......

cough not to mention the influence of some particular Js racing products..
                        Hehehe the junkyard special is by far the loudest car out of our group .

It says DC5S in the thread title but I has a DC5R, am I still welcome?

I have an Amuse R1 Titan and stock exhaust manifold. Feels good man.

Comment

your amuse has such nice colour tom.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Hehehe the junkyard special is by far the loudest car out of our group .

It says DC5S in the thread title but I has a DC5R, am I still welcome?

I have an Amuse R1 Titan and stock exhaust manifold. Feels good man.

You lie. Last time i saw your car it had a stock exhaust on it! LIES!

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                              You lie. Last time i saw your car it had a stock exhaust on it! LIES!
                              Last time I saw your car it had a stock exhaust too. At least it sounded stock .

Comment

Working...
                              X