No announcement yet.

Sound system advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gonna delay my install -_-. gonna order amp install kit over net and it probably wont arrive till late next week. i'll let you know how i go wen i do it
    Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

hey noodleman, or any1 else with experience with the JL vr-600csi speakers (about 6.5cm deep), know how deep my spacer should be?
      other sites keep saying 3/4inch (roughly 19cm) but cant find and spacer or mdf boards that are that deep.
      Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

mine was about 2cm thick

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

this is what i had before

http://www.aerpro.com.au/list.php?pc...no=08&cat_sno=

z10 says:
          z10 says:

Comment

im back again
            so to tally up...my car is still in tack only prob is channel 1 on amp is stuffed(i think) so my left front gets no sound -_-
            here's wat i tried to do to figure out the problem
            -swapped my front left to channel 2 and front right to channel 1 and only the front left worked. hence only channel 2 on amp works.
            -swapped channel 1 rca and channel 2 rca on the amp and only the front right worked (front left still didnt work)
            (didnt swap the rca leads at the preout on the HU might try that tmr)
            from this i kinda figured its either amp channel 1 (front left) going to speakers or the pre-out connection thats the problem.

any1 got any suggestions?

so my assumption is channel 1 (front left) doesn't work. would that be right? or could it be the connection from channel 1 on the amp all the way to the headunit?
            (i connected my channel 1 & 2 from the amp to the preouts on the HU)
            Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

oh yeh i forgot. i'm suppose to connect the channel 1 & 2 rca on the amp to the preout on the HU right? does it matter if i connect either channel 1 or 2 rca (from amp) to either preouts (as in the negative/positive side)?
              thanks
              Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by d3hv1l View Post
                im back again
                so to tally up...my car is still in tack only prob is channel 1 on amp is stuffed(i think) so my left front gets no sound -_-
                here's wat i tried to do to figure out the problem
                -swapped my front left to channel 2 and front right to channel 1 and only the front left worked. hence only channel 2 on amp works.
                -swapped channel 1 rca and channel 2 rca on the amp and only the front right worked (front left still didnt work)
                (didnt swap the rca leads at the preout on the HU might try that tmr)
                from this i kinda figured its either amp channel 1 (front left) going to speakers or the pre-out connection thats the problem.

any1 got any suggestions?

so my assumption is channel 1 (front left) doesn't work. would that be right? or could it be the connection from channel 1 on the amp all the way to the headunit?
                (i connected my channel 1 & 2 from the amp to the preouts on the HU)
                or you fucked the RCA cable routing it to the back. with a cheap set of RCAs, i've pulled the connector off completely trying to get it through trim.

seems as though the amp is working fine as you get sound through either channel when switching the cables over. Pull out the headunit and check your connections. try switching the rca connectors at the HU and even try another cable... you'll find your problem then.

Originally posted by d3hv1l View Post
                oh yeh i forgot. i'm suppose to connect the channel 1 & 2 rca on the amp to the preout on the HU right? does it matter if i connect either channel 1 or 2 rca (from amp) to either preouts (as in the negative/positive side)?
                thanks
                yes rca connects to preout on the HU.

check the markings/diagram and make sure that you use both front preouts or both rear preouts (or sub out if it has it).

what's this +/- business? the rca will provide correct polarity between the HU preout and the amp's inputs.
                Last edited by MrThanh; 25-10-08, 11:47 PM.
                T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

yeh dont mind the pos/neg thing i meant the red/white leads. its alrite i get it now. nah my rcas aint a cheap set. i'll try other things tmr when the light shines again.
                  Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

i've tried everything sort of combination and in the end i found that the amp output to my front left is really weak. to the point where balance is all the way to the left and i get normal & bit distorted sound when the volume is really high for balanced sound. do you get that?
                    hmm maybe a test with my voltmeter should be done wen i go outside next.
                    Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

you can do the following

check your hu and make sure your sound is not faded to one side
                      check the gain on the amp for the 1st channel
                      check if the filter for channel one is set on full frequency and it's not set to high pass

z10 says:
                      z10 says:

Comment

yeh i checked the hu, nothing wrong with that. its the channel 1 output thats suffering.
                        i'll give it a check tomorrow, thanks mate
                        channel 1 & 2 are set using the same controls
                        Black ITR '04 sigpic

Comment

You might want to open up the amp and check the soldering connectings on the rca. could be bad rca cables or even bad rca from the head unit. To test the the cables get a volt meter and do a continuity test
                          Last edited by DrTran; 10-11-08, 08:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
                          "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
                          X