Modding / new rear skirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding / new rear skirt

Hey i want to know of information on modding the rear skirt of the DC5R. A while ago a bought this Magnaflow muffler and to this day i still believe it makes the best sound out of a 4 cylinder car ever.

We all know that the DC5R rear does not accomodate for such mufflers as shown

The OEM allows for a cannon only.

Any ideas?
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

You have ridden in a car with this on it:

and you still think that your Magnaflow will give the greatest sound known to man? Madness .

I think if you look under that rear skirt you may find that you will have to modify the rear bar as well. I have an idea you may not like: Get a custom exhaust made to exit in the centre and fill the existing exhaust cutout in the rear skirt and cut a new one in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

and you still think that your Magnaflow will give the greatest sound known to man? Madness .

I think if you look under that rear skirt you may find that you will have to modify the rear bar as well. I have an idea you may not like: Get a custom exhaust made to exit in the centre and fill the existing exhaust cutout in the rear skirt and cut a new one in the middle.
      AMUSE is sick, is that your DC5R chargeR? hot

Comment

Like ChargeR said, you'll have to cut the lip... and the rear bar also.

Aftermarket rear bar?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

No offence dude, but there is a big difference in the sound in comparison to a cannon. Something i just love about the twin tip sound.. maybe it's rice? maybe it's just pure awesomeness, either way if it's possible i want it.
          In relation to cuttin a hole in the middle, why wouldnt i just cut a bigger whole in the current position???

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          Like ChargeR said, you'll have to cut the lip... and the rear bar also.

Aftermarket rear bar?
          Ive looked a few bars, only one which makes sense to me is the bomex

Last edited by Didz; 01-10-08, 08:21 PM.

Comment

+1 for Amuse

Had one on my old DC5R, it just screams

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
              No offence dude, but there is a big difference in the sound in comparison to a cannon. Something I just love about the twin tip sound.. maybe it's rice? Maybe it's just pure awesomeness, either way if it's possible I want it.

In relation to cuttin a hole in the middle, why wouldn't I just cut a bigger hole in the current position???
              No offence taken .

My idea for the centre exit was based on symmetry or something, I think I was pretty wasted when I posted that, but yeah why not just cut a larger hole where the current tip is. How wide are the two tips on your muffler?

Comment

the two tips are 3.5" each with about 5mm gap between them, this makes the total width about 180mm

The gap in the skirt is about 163mm (at the widest opening).

I think i need to get a hold of an oem axel back and weld my muffler on to check properly

EDIT:

After much thought i have decided to can the idea. just not worth the hastle of a new rear bar and shit.
                Last edited by Didz; 02-10-08, 12:42 PM.

Comment

i just checked out a few different youtube vids of magnaflow mufflers and exhausts on some hondas and they actually sound pretty good... couldn't find one with a DC5R though with the twin pipe muffler like you've shown there...

Comment

Working...
                  X