Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring options

Hey peoples.

I have been riding at stock dc5r height now for far too long and was looking to drop. Reading through what i have...it seems 1.5 - 2 inch is an approriate amount without being too much and scaping on everything. I was just wondering what opinions people had on the different spring types out there to go for.

I can't really justify the 2g for a set of coilovers...so im really just after somethin that gives a good ride, looks good and has a good rep thats not over the top in pricing. I may too track the car down the line...but for now its just a daily driver.

Your thoughts and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Stinger; 27-08-08, 03:01 PM.

eibach are high quality:

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...6430800021490?

pro-kit is comfortable, sportline is racey

i just got a set of Pro-Kit springs for a TSX (Accord Euro) for just under $500au shipped from the USA - so RSX ones will be similar...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      eibach are high quality:

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...6430800021490?

pro-kit is comfortable, sportline is racey

i just got a set of Pro-Kit springs for a TSX (Accord Euro) for just under $500au shipped from the USA - so RSX ones will be similar...
      tinker the man!..

Comment

just my opinion from what i have seen/installed...

i don't know much of DC5 parts, so i'm least qualitfied to respond to the OP...
        ... retired/

Comment

Eibach, H&R and Spoon are all good springs which I have installed for myself or others.

Comment

Probably be better of going with something like spoon springs that is designed to work with the stock suspension?

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Anymore opinions or verdicts guys?

Comment

definitly don't get pedders!
                ... retired/

Comment

I dont think any stock shock is really designed to work with lowered springs. However, I do have a mate who is using tanabe lowering springs, and his shocks have held well and tight for nearly a year. There are DC2R shocks and are by no means vanilla shocks like EG civic softies.

I have using neuspeed, and H&R and also driven on tein super streets. IMO, the H&R springs (which i matched with Koni) were the most comfortable, Neuspeed a little stiffer.

Tein super streets were just shit in comparison to my spring shock setup. Soft, like driving on marshmellows.

I would first get a set of quality springs - H&R, Eibach, (the German stuff), and then when your shocks blow, get some sport shocks to max. That way, you can feel the gradual improvement whilst also not having to outlay that big cash all in one go.

Comment

spoon prog.rate lowered springs are designed to work with the factory dampeners and i think are a good compromise for street/winding road use with road tyres. i had them on my dc2r before i got coilovers and i found them to be really good.
                    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

My vote goes for Spoon progs... had them on my DC5 and was quite happy.... ride quality is a little worse and on hard track work the stock sussy gets a caning but good compromise if you dont want coilovers.
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                      http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Originally posted by SpecJ View Post
                        I dont think any stock shock is really designed to work with lowered springs.
                        true that, though the milder stuff cant be all too bad

I would first get a set of quality springs - H&R, Eibach, (the German stuff), and then when your shocks blow, get some sport shocks to max. That way, you can feel the gradual improvement whilst also not having to outlay that big cash all in one go.
                        good call, very good strategy...

maybe the OEM shocks will last a good while? then you have the last laugh
                        ... retired/

Comment

Just wondering what spring did OP end up with, spoon, H&R, Eibach? Can you post some feedback here as I'm choosing a set of spring atm as well. Many Thanks.
                          Luxury Integra@ClubITR Drive slow FTW!!! (My Car)

Comment

Hey guys, has anyone had experience with Tein S tech springs?

Whats the ride like?

Comment

I'm after springs as well, I want to go with Eibach or H&R, heard lots of good stuff about them, tinkerbell can you leave a link where you got yours from
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X