Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc5 r/s cat converter suggestions...

hey everyone, time has come to make my type S sound a lil more biff

if i do make any mistakes, say sumthing incorect, or u think sumthing im saying is the totaly rong way to go about it please let me kno as im always willing to listen and learn.

anyways this threads about my options for an exshaust, my thoughts/quiestions are..

1. custom headers |
    im getting the headers made from a friend of my dads.. same man who made the custom headers for my dads old porsche *red 930 adm turbo widebody pushing 340rwkw*
    im getting them made mugen header style.. 4 - 2 - 1 *outlet 1 and 4 go to one and outlet 2 - 3 got to one then come together again just before the header*

he's also going to give it that temperd/rainbow look which i love so much

2.high flow cat..
    im also looking at purchasing a high flow cat, and just wondering which would be best to go for?? strait out, i just wont the one that peforms best and im not going to have troubles with.
    thinking eitha a jdm dc5 cat or greddy or sumthin along them lines...

just wondering if there is a big diferance between my type S cat and the jdm itr one?? im aware the type S has a few known jdm style refinements, just wondering if it includes the cat

looking to spend?? around250 on a cat but ill pay extra for what i see is worth it

3.cat back exhaust..
    last of all the cat back.. though everything else im sotra doing is going to be custom im looking at buying a name branded cat back kit... there are a few on the forum that are avalible for around 600ish. but iv looked at the muffler tips and there to big... im cypriot turkish, and though i very much look like a lebo dont want my car to... or sound like ti for that matter.. i want sumthin to optimise performance, and not sound so dam rediculously loud!!!

the id like a but more noise.. but only as a back ground sound.. not cover the sound of my

thanx to everyone for reading!! feel free to soon and 5cents um cant help but to add... just please try stay on topic and dont spam up my thread

You're more than likely gonna get blasted for not searching because this has been discussed more than any other K20 topic on the internet.

If I were you I'd get TODA headers and forget custom ones. It may cost a bit more than getting your Dad's friend to do it, but TODA spend hundreds of thousands on development. They are proven over and over again.

Catback exhausts are a matter of personal preference, but for what you want I'd recommend Fujitsubo PG, RM01A or Mugen Twin Loop. There are plenty of great Ti exhausts if you want to spend a bit more but noise will increase.
    Last edited by m0nty; 09-08-08, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
      There are plenty of great Ti exhausts if you want to spend a bit more but noise will increase.
      Amuse cater for the people who want a more quieter Ti catback by adding a couple more resonators.

Not sure if you remember but Charger had it and it wasn't extremely loud compared to a powergetter or RM01A

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
        Amuse cater for the people who want a more quieter Ti catback by adding a couple more resonators.

Not sure if you remember but Charger had it and it wasn't extremely loud compared to a powergetter or RM01A
        I was always in the same group as ChargeR so I never got to hear his car. Didn't know he had a Ti exhaust.

Comment

he's running amuse Ti with no resonators.....not too loud on track.....a bit louder then other when idle tho.....
          I'm with SAM....Mugen twinloop and FGK series are good......also trust (Greddy) make some good cat back exhaust which is not too loud like Buddy club series.....
          Dun worry about custom making them....that may save you a few bucks but like SAM mention.....sth like toda or mugen have all the data and investment for their product so who dun you just take advantage of it......
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

greddy tic (titan composite) quite good. not too loud, something u can bear with for daily driving, however in the morning, it is a bit loud when the engine's cold but after 5min it will be sweet.

comes with a removable silencer so if u can't really bear it, then just put it on. it's 2min job.
            '03 Integra DC5 Type R
            Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
            Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
            Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Working...
            X