Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S rattle!!

Hi Guys,

Do you DC5S owners get alot of rattle from the A/C ducts and the rear parcel / boot tray? When i idle / rough roads the A/C ducts and the rear tray just rattles like a mofo.
    sigpic

Yeah just slip an old credit card or cardboard between the windscreen and dash.

Comment

Yeah I'm getting the rattle from the front A/C ducts when idle and going on bumpy roads. I'm also getting rattle from around the glove compartment. Can't pin point where it's coming from.

Comment

Damn i was hoping it was just be so i could find the fault and fix it. Looks like we just gotta live this annoying rattle.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eradicat0r View Post
          Yeah I'm getting the rattle from the front A/C ducts when idle and going on bumpy roads. I'm also getting rattle from around the glove compartment. Can't pin point where it's coming from.
          Could it be the glove box's door/lid? As this is a common rattle for the DC5R.

Comment

LOL I was getting rattles in the Dash, I simply bought a strip of black foam from clark rubber and stuckit where the dash meets the windscreen. there is a nice gap to fit it. the tighter the better.
            Does the airduct rattle haven when the window is closed???
            Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
              Could it be the glove box's door/lid? As this is a common rattle for the DC5R.
              That's what I thought at first. I'm just living with it right now but I'll take a closer look when I have the time hehe

Was there a fix for the rattle?

Yeah the airduct rattles when the window is closed. The rattle doesn't bother me but I guess it would be nice to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicat0r View Post
                That's what I thought at first. I'm just living with it right now but I'll take a closer look when I have the time hehe

Was there a fix for the rattle?

Yeah the airduct rattles when the window is closed. The rattle doesn't bother me but I guess it would be nice to get rid of it.
                Lamely according to Honda Au here there is no fix for this.

But what you can do is stick something thick between the lid an the actual glove box compartment. I used 3M (obv i only peeled off one side) to remove thie gap between the lid and compartment.

Comment

my type S has a couple of rattles. i think one of mine is coming from the airbag. when u hear the rattle just press down on the airbag and it stops. i thought it was the glovebox originally..

The other is where the cluster joins the rest of dash(does that make sense??)
                  FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Working...
                  X