Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting a DC5r wing on a DC5s, has anyone here done it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a DC5r wing on a DC5s, has anyone here done it??

just needing a little help bois.. iv beein doing some mesuring on my own car *DC5 S* to install a type r wing. and unless i remove the lip it will sit to far forward... like not in the excact place..

was just wondering if anyone else has done it and could give me a lil help??
    would be much appretsiated

was ment to be getting cf dc5r wing, bonnet, and review mirror covers but the guy didnt pull threw so im just gona keep it nice and white

You should do a little research friend!

If you want the type-r wing on your type-s then you have 3 options;

1. Remove your current duck bill spoiler and put the type-r wing on. Then get the holes left by the duck bill welded.

2. Source out a a-spec rear spoiler from the US and replace the current one. The a-spec rear spoiler is smaller then the one we have so the type-r wing can fit without modifying anything.

3. Cut\modify you current spoiler so its shorter. I do not recommend this but I know some of the US guys have done it.

I have been thinking of putting on the type-r wing also....if I was you I would go option 1 but most people prefer option 2 because they like having the double spoiler.

Hope that helps.
    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
    sigpic
    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

if u wanna sell ur type s spoiler im interested =]

Comment

thanx dazDC5s much help

if an1s seen a diy thred on the net from another forum or nethin like that could u please post it up?? or copy an adress to the thread here

Comment

I was also thinking about doing this, but the only thing holding me back is the holes needed to put the type R wing on ><~
          sigpic

Comment

Can be done, customer of mine has done it before. You can have both wings on the car and it actually looks good. What you do is cut the outside bits of the Type S wing to accommodate the footings of the Type R wing.

Comment

Originally posted by DC:53:XX View Post
              thanx dazDC5s much help

if an1s seen a diy thred on the net from another forum or nethin like that could u please post it up?? or copy an adress to the thread here
              I don't have the address or link with me, but search on clubrsx there are multiple threads with pictures, DIY's, instructions, and walkthroughs.

Comment

Click

And Click

Oh and this
                Last edited by daz; 28-07-08, 12:38 PM.
                Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                sigpic
                itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Does anyone know where i can get the RSX A-spec mini spoiler?

Just don't wanna do the cutting myself > <

Comment

man i searches everywhere... none n australia and ur looking ad rediculous prices to bring one from over seas...

best bet is ebay, they have universal lip spoilers for like 30 bucks haha...

Comment

A guy at my uni has this done.

He drives like a douchebag though..

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                          You should do a little research friend!

If you want the type-r wing on your type-s then you have 3 options;

1. Remove your current duck bill spoiler and put the type-r wing on. Then get the holes left by the duck bill welded.

2. Source out a a-spec rear spoiler from the US and replace the current one. The a-spec rear spoiler is smaller then the one we have so the type-r wing can fit without modifying anything.

3. Cut\modify you current spoiler so its shorter. I do not recommend this but I know some of the US guys have done it.

I have been thinking of putting on the type-r wing also....if I was you I would go option 1 but most people prefer option 2 because they like having the double spoiler.

Hope that helps.
                          You know first hand how hard it to get an "A Spec" lip from the US

Lock in option 2, for me please

Comment

check out lowie's thread, he's done it!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Working...
                            X