This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best Car alarms??

Hey guys i have been searching around n looking at a bunch of different alarms systems but i would love opinions and experiences with the different car alarms out there, atm i'm looking at steel-mate mainly because of the cost n stuff... I know its illegal but remote start would be so good early in the morning, so i don't have to go out to the garage to warm it up lol..

cheers
    DCIIR

why would you want to warm it up beforehand? is 1 minute or so too long to sit in the car after you've started it up?

anyway, search is still your friend...

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ighlight=alarm

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ighlight=alarm

more if you SEARCH
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

quiktrack is the best

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

already read both
        The first link really has nothing to do with alarm what i'm asking - alarm sytem opinions and experiances
        And the second link is old, doesnt talk about steelmate either, considering that what i'm looking at, it would be nice to have some insight

1 minute warm up? wish my car did that, takes at least 5 minutes of idling before its slightly warmed - not sure about whats going on with yours
        DCIIR

Comment

i would go viper
          never had anything wrong with them and does the job

Comment

have to remember a good install will make or break an alarm
            no use having a good alarm but have it all under the dash visible to the naked eye

Comment

^ Couldn't be any more true. I personally rock Clifford and paid almost the same price of the equipment in workmanship costs which spanned a day and a half of installation and testing. Long story short, the installer made a mild-hearted, semi-serious wager with me that while he won't promise me zero break-ins, the thieves would never be able to drive it off. He had me convinced because I spent a whole day discussing and planning the setup together with him and during the time, he showed me a portfolio of client's cars which had been unfortunately targeted and penetrated by professional syndicates but not stolen whole by hand. There was this one RX8 which had almost every aspect of the interior torn apart together with its headlights and one fender removed to locate and deactivate the disablers. It was a total mess but they didn't get the car. I was mentally "touching wood" all the time because I would rather them steal the entire car then leave me what would practically be the paragon of a "pain in the ass" to fix up but you get the point right?

Viper is awesome but I would recommend Clifford because they are essentially the same brand - Viper is Clifford's child brand and therefore shares some of its technology. If I remember correctly, almost all mid to lower tier and very sparse upper tier tech. I would not consider Steelmate because of its inherent limitations being simply an alarm and not anything else. I am not contending that my installer is the best out there but he advised me to stay away especially from Steelmate (which is a very popular choice from where I come from) because in a recent security convention where his crew and him participated in those mock grand theft auto competitions, it took them under 30 seconds to lay the law down on a Steelmate. I don't rock remote start because of the obvious costs that come attached which unfortunately overpower the benefits for now.

Comment

you shouldn't use remote start on ur car, what you need to do it put a computer chip in ur car in order to do it which make anyone can start your car and drive away......thats why I dun do it on mine either.....
                Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                1)ブレーキを踏む
                2)クラッチを切る
                3)シフトダウンしなから、
                  アクセルをぶかす
                4)クラッチをつなぐ
                :blah:
                インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

No alarm is the best...

The best is the installer's work itself.

Comment

Damn straight, this should be a thread asking who the best installer is.

You won't find many good installers though.
                    /Oo ___H___ oO\
                    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
                      1 minute warm up? wish my car did that, takes at least 5 minutes of idling before its slightly warmed - not sure about whats going on with yours
                      unbelievable?
                      Last edited by tinkerbell; 21-07-08, 10:51 AM.
                      ... retired/

Comment

i do not recommend gettin it installed from JB-Hifi (or any other retailer of the sort).

Get a good quality alarm and have it professionally installed by an auto electrician. seen people have problems with jb instals and the like.
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          WTWFOMFGWTFFFF!

you warm you car up for 5 minutes before driving?!?!?

unbelievable!????
                          Lol Chill Tinks Chill..

unfortunately some people still believe that that 1 minute- 5 minute warm up actually serves a purpose..

also umm Pat.. the Remote start thing you goto be careful.. that if you park on a steep hill or something and leave it in gear..

those remote start things ment to have also a gear sensor so it wont remote start if its in gear.

or something.. i personally dont recommend it.. other than its wow factor..
                          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                          Originally posted by tinkerbell
                          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

I also don't recommend it. at work one of the guys from JB had it and it fucked up and he was caught out for 3 hours after work trying to get it to start lol
                            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

yeah if i had the remote start i'd have to be careful about leaving it in gear, personally i never do, mainly because its hardly ever parked outside the garage and because my handbrake is fine but still i'd hate for it to jump through the garage door or something..

It takes at least 5 mins to warm up my car in the morning, even longer sometimes... i work early so those 5 mins i could be eating breakfast, or taking a morning shit which i so often miss out on.. remote start would be a dream, my garage isnt attached to my house by a door, you have to go outside..
                              DCIIR

Comment

Working...
                              X