No announcement yet.

New NSX: 600HP V10, SHAWD, 1500kg and cylinder deactivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently spy photos of tacho show ~8500rpm redline... pretty damn good on a V10

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
      In closing, Honda are yet to release a name for the new sports car they are making... so till then, I think we are going to have to live with it.
      Fair enough...

but...

If you travelled back in time to 1980 and showed someone a picture of a 2008 Porsche 911, they would be able to tell that it is a Porsche 911. With this new car Honda have not "evolved" the NSX, they have wiped the slate clean and started from scratch.
      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

umm.. not that i care what its really called..

but didnt they kinda do that with the Dc5 as well? it looks nothing like a dc2.. chassis design is different? front sussy was changed from Double wishbone to McPherson..

the Da and Dc2 had a choice of the 5 door variant as well.. rare for the dc2.. but it did exist.. =P..
        Dc5 dont.. so they changed to a 2 door layout only?

they made it heavier.. turned the engine around which now turns the wrong way (Cough cough *RUNS*).... and is 2 liters..

its still called an integra though? no?

Umm and the celica GT4 same shape same shell turned to FWd..
        Toyota Tarago use to be Midengine well midfront RWD
        now its FWd..

the new and old dont look anything alike either =P..

Imo.. until honda actually give it a name i think its acceptable we call it the NSX =p
        Last edited by Wlee2; 22-07-08, 04:00 PM.
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

lol at it costing more than the gtr....
          ITS A HONDA. NOT A GERMAN SUPER CAR.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

i still think its fine to call it the nsx. take the gtr for example, its look and stance is very different to the 32/33/34 where its changed from a highly aggressive (shit on anything) jap street theme to a highly refined more supercar theme.. and its still called the gtr.. its just the evolution of design where its all inspired/started by the original theme.. imo anyway
            DCIIR

Comment

I dont know what you guys are talking about.. The new NSX and old NSX are heaps different. from Mid mounted RWD to front mounted AWD.. That is a huge change.

From DC2 -> DC5 the change was the type of front suspension, a little more weight and power and slightly more refined feel. The essence of the car (front engine, FWD, light weight, i-4 was retained).

From R34 -> R35 the changes are even smaller. both are Twin turbo V6. both are Front engine, both use RWD biased AWD system. The new one just has much more power as the Japanese 280ps limit has been removed.

Where the engine is mounted and what wheels the engine drives dictates how the weight is distributed and how the car feels/behaves under acceleration,braking and cornering. IMO this is very important.
              Last edited by 00dc2; 22-07-08, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post

From R34 -> R35 the changes are even smaller. both are Twin turbo V6. both are Front engine, both use RWD biased AWD system. The new one just has much more power as the Japanese 280ps limit has been removed.
                Every generation of GT-R previous to the R35 was powered by an in-line six .

Comment

sorry... yes of course... i've look at a few GTR engine bays over the years so should have remembered.

Still, all Twin Turbo Sixes.. be they inline or V makes a small difference to basic feel of the car imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                    sorry... yes of course... i've look at a few GTR engine bays over the years so should have remembered.

Still, all Twin Turbo Sixes.. be they inline or V makes a small difference to basic feel of the car imo.
                    No worries I was just being a tool . The difference in engine layout probably doesn't make much difference to the feel of the car, but straight sixes sound much better than vees. The new 'NSX' sounds pron in my ever so humble opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X