Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NSX: 600HP V10, SHAWD, 1500kg and cylinder deactivation

http://www.leftlanenews.com/honda-re...ating-nsx.html

GT-R beating NSX to get cylinder deactivation, 600 hp?

The latest news regarding the upcoming Honda/Acura NSX has the supercar making closer to 600 horsepower than the previously reported 550hp from its 5.5-liter V10. The other important piece of news is that the engine will feature Honda’s cylinder deactivation system, called Variable Cylinder Management (VCM), which would allow it to run on one bank of cylinders during low-load conditions.

When firing on all 10 cylinders, the engine will make about 434lb-ft of torque, or pretty much the same as Nissan’s GT-R. Like the GT-R, the power will flow through all four wheels, say Japan’s Holiday Auto reports. The engine will be related to the 4.5-liter V8 that will power the next-generation Acura RL, although it will be a 90-degree V10 as opposed to the 72 degrees of separation between the V8’s banks. To reach its output, the V10 will rely on lightweight connecting rods and pistons that are fully balanced along with the rest of the rotating assembly. A dry-sump lubrication system will keep the pricey bits oiled during high-g maneuvers.

This engine may also appear in a high-performance version of the RL (RL-F?), the reports suggest. This would be easier since the two will be assembled at a dedicated line in a new Honda plant, and share certain parts.

The true second-generation NSX is also expected to weigh in at about 3,300lbs, which would give it a much better power-to-weight ratio than Nissan’s mind-blowing GT-R. Between Honda’s Super Handling AWD system and aerodynamic tricks lifted from its experience in Formula 1, the NSX should also trump the GT-R’s impressive handling. Like in the original NSX, the wheel and tire package will be staggered, with 255/30R19 Bridgestone RE070R’s up front and the same tires in a 295/35R20 dimension in the rear.

The NSX should beat the GT-R as it will be priced well north of it, competing at the price level with the likes of Jaguar’s XKR and Aston Martin’s Vanquish. The equivalent retail price is expected to be the equivalent of about $150,000.
    600HP on 1500kg sounds VERY good, beating 1690kg 620HP 599 Ferrari.. but these fiugures are not Honda confirmed so we just have to wait and see....

and save a LOT of pennies

NSX beating the new GT-R is a big call.

Never the less 600BHP on 1500Kg sounds very good.
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

yes please dear lord!
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

Sounds great but EVERYBODY PLEASE STOP CALLING THIS THE "NSX" !!!!!!!!!!!

It's not an NSX at all. It's an entirely new concept, it bears little or no resemblance to the NSX, in appearance or driveline layout.

/rant LOL
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

what should we call it... ??? Honda LF-A or Honda 599?

LOL

nevertheless I do agree with u freaky

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
            what should we call it... ??? Honda LF-A or Honda 599?

LOL

nevertheless I do agree with u freaky
            I don't care, lol. Just not NSX! LOL

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post

It's not an NSX at all. It's an entirely new concept, it bears little or no resemblance to the NSX, in appearance or driveline layout.

/rant LOL
              I agree. This is not a mid engined small capacity lightweight sports car thus it is nothing like the NSX.

/ freakygeek's rant again

Comment

it's called MSX

z10 says:
                i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                z10 says:
                mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

call it duke nukem forever.... god knows they've teased us for half a decade.

Comment

Yeah sounds like an awesome car by the sounds of it, I just hope the Americans aren't the head of styling

/rant LOL
                    So because it’s not a MR 6 cylinder it can't be called an NSX... even though that is what Honda is running with at the moment... and no other name as been mentioned... ANYWHERE.

If we used your above reasoning for example, VW some how got away with calling the new beetle the beetle... even though its FWD and front engine mounted. (Not RWD and rear engine mounted like the original)

Till Honda say "we are going to call this the....." I’ll be sticking to NSX thank you very much.
                    Last edited by 45SET; 17-07-08, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                      So because it’s not a MR 6 cylinder it can't be called an NSX... even though that is what Honda is running with at the moment... and no other name as been mentioned... ANYWHERE.

If we used your above reasoning for example, VW some how got away with calling the new beetle the beetle... even though its FWD and front engine mounted. (Not RWD and rear engine mounted like the original)

Till Honda say "we are going to call this the....." I’ll be sticking to NSX thank you very much.
                      My point is that this new car is based on a totally different design philosophy. It would be like Holden bringing out a mid-engined two seater sportscar and calling it a Commodore. It just isn't right.

As far as your VW beetle analogy goes, well, the new beetle is a pointless and ridiculous car anyway, haha.

Comment

^ what he said

Comment

I THOUGHT IT WAS DUBBEd

HSC???

anyways they better name it right when it does come out!!

Comment

My point is that this new car is based on a totally different design philosophy. It would be like Holden bringing out a mid-engined two seater sportscar and calling it a Commodore. It just isn't right.

As far as your VW beetle analogy goes, well, the new beetle is a pointless and ridiculous car anyway, haha.
                            I would have to agree with your VW comment... but I had nothing better at the time... Toyota did it with the Sprinter. AE86 was RWD supercharged, then the AE101 was FWD N/A. Your Holden analogy takes it a bit far don't you think... the "NSX" is still a 2 door, 2 seat sports car.

As Honda have delved into the 4WD game, it would be kinda silly to make a MR 4WD, and with all the extra weight and drive line strain (4WD, Safety etc) I don't think a atmo 6 would cut it like the old one did in the older model.

In closing, Honda are yet to release a name for the new sports car they are making... so till then, I think we are going to have to live with it.

Comment

lol we should have a naming contest of waht the car will be called....

Honda WTF

Good to see their putting some old F1 V10 tech into this car
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                              http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Working...
                              X