Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit and Run Need Help !!!!! NEW CIVIC TYPE R

Hi Guys

I was on the corner of blue street and miller street red light in North Sydney on the 20 June when a blond bitch in her Z3 (AHW41U) came on the wrong side of the road and straight into my car, I was not even moving!!!!

Then she just ran away, she was really drunk, I could see her sleeping on he fucking wheel through her windscreen!!!!!!! I need help guys, please if anyone has any useful information please let me know. My Civic Type R was only 5 months old !!!!!!! There was no damage to the bonnet, but the side panel on the driver's side was badly damaged, the front bumper from the same side came off and the right wheel was not moving with the steering wheel.....!!!

My situation so far, I informed the police at the scene who after 4 phone calls arrived after 1.5 hr. I had a witness who stopped at the scene and gave me her details which I passed on to the police. My car had to be towed away that night, i then claimed insurance through my insurance company which is Victorian (RACV).

My insurance company says that I will have to pay my excess which is $1500 if the other driver does not admit her fault. I gave the rego number to the police the day of the incident but it has been over 3 weeks and they still wont give me any details of the other driver. Her Rego Number is AHW41U and it was a BMW Z3, she lives near North Sydney.

Help guys what should I do and what happens to the value of my car??? I mean once its involved in an accident even if Scotts Honda replace the damaged parts it would never be the same and the resale value goes down??? Scotts Honda (the repairer) says the cost would be roughly $4,000 to $5,000. I have to wait for atleast 4-5 weeks because they have to order the parts from the UK. Once the parts arrive they will see how they fit and if not another 3-4 weeks for more parts to arrive from the UK!!!!! Can I get new car, will they wright off the car consideing that it was only 5 months old???

Any suggestions or help would be much appericiated.

PS: If you the ownerr/driver of AHW41U please pass on her details.

Thanks heaps

Kash

They won't write the car off as the damage is less than 60% of the cars value.

Speak to a solicitor as they'll be able to advize you on the best course of action in persuing the other driver.

Comment

Poor guy! some people are f**ked! As monty said, speak to a lawyer. Get them involved, and then something will start to happen.

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

your insurance company will take care of it ..just calm down.. police wont give you any info as its the privacy act..and why do you want the details anyways..you could be sued later on down the track if you decide to take matters in your own hands!

Basically the plates will track down the owner it doesnt matter if they dont have the person driving because someone will have to pay at the end of the day it either be the driver or the owner...Now if the person fled the scene of the crime ..well thats bad for them so more in your favour...just hope that the owner hasnt called the car in stolen before the accident or your screwed!.. What your wanting is the police report stating they were at fault which it should say ..by what your telling us anyways.... so start hassling the police. when you get it give it to the insurance company and they wont charge u excess and fix your car...The insurance company is meant to be chasing for you but without that report and you hassling the police nothing will happen.

Why would you want a lawyer for....? you have insurance!! you pay them every year , use them!, make them work for the money that u pay them...

does anyone know how much a lawyer cost these days and the time spent... lol u mite as well buy another car...lol
        Last edited by UKNOWWHY!; 10-07-08, 12:16 PM.

Comment

or check with your repairer/panel beater.. some have their own lawyers to chase those kinda people... as long as you have their plate number and a witness

Comment

just give the rego number to insurance company and they do the rest. something similar happen to me once

Comment

what a stupid insurance company rep telling u that if the person that hit u doesn't own up, then u have to pay excess? obviously if its a hit and run, then that person will not admit they hit u... would they? how stupid are some ppl?

Comment

Update on my accident...!

It has been over 2 months now since the accident. My car has been fixed and is ready to be picked up. But the excess still has not been waived.

My insurance company RACV is saying that they are holding the other driver at fault and sent the liability to her insurance company Shannons / AMMI. After following up for 3 weeks my insurance company says that that Shannons are denying liability. They is some sort of dispute and they will send the reason and report why they are disputing it.

Questions if anyone can help. If I pay the excess now is there a chance that I will get it back or the insurance company will start slacking because I have paid it. I mean after doing everything right and as instructed my the police and my insurance company is it so easy for someone to just deny liability. The police issued two tickets to the other driver and none to me does'nt that prove I was not at fault???.

This will just encourge people do run away after an accident if they can simply deny the fact that they were at fault even if there were witnesses at the scene. What do I do? Should I pay the excess now or should I not pay the excess and wait for the claim to settle.

What are my options, let me know if you guys need any more information for answering my questions....please help guys....

Thanks for the replies anyways, its been useful.

Comment

get proper legal advice. Not from someone on a forum who may not have a clue about the law.
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

unfortunately without other witnesses/captured evidence there is no way of proving this event ever happened. So the best idea is to say goodbye to your excess and get on with life.

Any other way......you are up for more money.

Want to push legal proceedings? $$$$ (easy $5k on a decent setup and a few chit chats with a proper solicitor) then the court costs etc. It just dosent add up.

Comment

yes i think the value of ur car always depreciates once you have an accident....everyone wants a car unsmashed.........DONT GO TO A LAWYER.....u have insurance they will deal with it....

Comment

i used to work at racv...

there is a term that if they can't find the person liable then you'll have to pay the excess, however in your case where you have the other party's details, witness AND police report, it is the insurance company duty to follow up and chase them, whatever dispute the other insurance company is giving for not paying, that is RACV duty to to handle. just make sure the claim officer agrees with you ( which they should according to what you've said ) then if you pretty much don't have to do anything.

RDC5™ still works at RACV, he might just be telling you the same thing as he moved to the other department when i left, but worth asking him for second opinion.

read your policy booklet, there is a section about this, might help you to argue with the claim officer to let them know that you know your rights and they should get on with their job.

hope it helps
                        † BLKSTN™

Comment

I used to work at RACV too, in the recoveries department, where you claim will be going if they decide to waive the xs and hold the other driver at fault. Basically, from the sounds of it, the hoe bag that hit your car is most likely denying liability, even though they have received 2 infringment notifications. Call RACV, ask if they have the police report, and if not get them to apply for it, otherwise go and get a copy of it yourself. The details of the other driver will be on the police report as well as the 2 infringement notices issued to the at fault party.

Make sure that RACV is intending to hold the other party at fault, it is then their duty to hold them at fault and recover the money they have paid to repair your car from the other insurance company.
                          skinned knuckle racing

Comment

Working...
                          X