Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Civic Type R Wins Australian Design Award

I got this in an email from Honda Newswire July 2008

Honda’s hot hatch, Civic Type R has won the 2008 Wheels Automotive Design Award and Best Interior category. In conjunction with the Australian International Design Awards (AIDA), this award recognizes interior and exterior excellence as well as the overall design of the vehicle.
    The Civic Type R, with its futuristic looks and exceptional performance impressed the judges, receiving the highest marks for design innovation.
    Wheels judges said “…there’s no denying the Honda hot hatch has a style all its own…” while judge Sally Dominguez from the ABC’s New Inventors said “brilliant and thorough realisation of original concept car. No compromise in execution. Fine, jewel-like detailing.”

Bloody hell.

Honda are just finding stupid awards for the FN2 to win because it's a lackluster car in most other respects.
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

note...."best interior award" not "best exterior or best performance"

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

to be fair, it's a very good eye candy (interior). lol

Comment

i'ts true...the space ship interior is pretty cool...have to give them credit for that

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

I sent an email last week asking about FD2. No reply. I'm glad they're better at sending out trivial award emails.

Comment

Wow that should shift another 2,3 no 4 more cars lol.

Wheels judges said “…there’s no denying the Honda hot hatch has a style all its own…”

Pay rises for those guys.

Comment

Working...
              X