Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "mum wants to buy a car" thread

hey all...

i've just read through the other thread but thought i'd start my own... my mum wants to buy a used car but relatively new... budget is about $10-15k and its gonna be a small and fuel efficient car.

not too keen on the polo tdi, my mum is looking at japanese... kia rio at $13990 drive away brand new sounds tempting but its a kia!

i think we've come to 2 choices: honda jazz or toyota yaris

each have their pros and cons... i was thinking if anyone has insight and/or has owned one or both of these cars, i would like to hear from you... if you also have other suggestions then we're open... i know there's mazda 2 and suzuki swift aswell but not sure if we want to 'copy' our family friends' cars either unless they're really awesome cars.

i've heard good things about mazda 2, jazz is nice but theres a new model soon and i hear the cvt shits itself after about 80,000kms. kia....nothx

Comment

new jazz...on sale sept

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

late model corolla from the auctions. friend picked up a corolla sportivo for 14k and 17k on road approx 60,000km ex-government car

my corolla was picked up from pickles auctions for 10k no rego with 50,000km about 12-13k on road.

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
          new jazz...on sale sept
          doesn't fall into the 10-15k category
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

But the new jazz don't look good? Seen them in japan and don't like it. Still prefer the current one

For that budget, maybe even consider Hyundai?? Don't like the old impression gets you as their car's pretty damn well built nowadays.
            For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Both the jazz and yaris will fall a bit over ur budget brand new,
              2nd hand is definitely where u should be looking,
              You could prolly pick up a prefacelifted jazz vtis for under 15k relatively easy.
              Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

nissan micra

z10 says:
                i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                z10 says:
                mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

3 Door Mazda 2 is $15750 RRP...
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

well as i said in the first post... a USED car but relatively new...

my mum's not too keen on micra... tell me why i should get one as opposed to a jazz or yaris?
                    mazda 2 seem good too but maybe as expensive on parts as the honda, so might as well get the honda?

Comment

my nonna (granma) bought a yaris 2 yrs ago or something n she gets good kms out of it n hasnt had any problems
                      DCIIR

Comment

Jazz.

Comment

Working...
                        X