Light sequence in 02-04 dc5 tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light sequence in 02-04 dc5 tail lights

Hey guys/girls, me being a complete noob needs your help!

As per title, could someone please refresh me on the lighting sequence for the tails on the 02-04 dc5s? Given there are 4 recesses with the signalling and reverse indicators being on each end, which circle is the brake and parking one again? I was reading a rewiring guide and as Ive left my dc5 to come overseas to study, I've totally forgotten which is which so if you don't mind.. lol

Let's just assume this is this the LHS one:

Signalling
    |
    <> O O <>
    ________|
    ________Reverse

Please correct me where applicable - when the car is turned on, unless you flick the lights one tab (parking) the rears don't come on. When you go one up (parking), two up (low beam), three up (high beam) and brakes, which one(s) light up? Sorry for what is surely a total waste of bandwith but I've tried checking out YouTube and doing a search beforehand with no results. No hating pls

yep...if you turn on your parkers or low beam on the rear red lights will turn on dim, and when you step on the brakes it will turn from dim to full lit

if you dont turn on the parkers or low beam, the rear red lights will stay off....and when you step on the brakes it will turn on full lit

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Tyvm for entertaining the question noodleman! So both red circles and not a specific one lights up whenever parkers, brakes are in use right? Only the intensity differs.

Comment

correct.

and i LOLed at Tyvm for entertaining the question
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Tyvm MrThanh! Hehe..I had to phrase it that way because I am aware of the h8 factor that comes with a question like this what with it being ultra amateur.

Comment

we noodleman and MrThanh!

i would have no idea how to answer this one
            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
            X