Work wheels weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work wheels weights

hey guys i been looking at wheels., i love volks n i know their weights but what about the two work wheels, rsz-r and cr kai, how much to they way? 17" as thats the max i would go for my dc2r..
    DCIIR

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
    Hey guys I have been looking at wheels, and I love Volks and i know their weights but what about the two work wheels, rsz-r and cr kai?

How much do they weigh?

17" is the the max I would go for my dc2r..

I'm sorry but I had to fix your grammar and spelling.

It was annoying the hell out of me lol

RSz-R is very hard to find in 17".

Well those 2 work wheels you want are not very light compared to say Ce28's and TE37s.

I would go 16" max for dc2r but thats me.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Some wheel weights for the Emotion CR Kai are listed at this site: Click me

The RSZ-R is most likely lighter than the CR Kai as it is forged, and also as Chi says possibly hard to find in 17". I agree with Chi, stay with 16" and lower unless you really like the aesthetics of massive wheels.

Comment

Buy my Volks. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
          Buy my Volks. Problem solved.
          *Copies and pastes to Work*.

Comment

faaark those Work's are heavy

I wanna get anything bronze thats lightweight rly.. lol
            DCIIR

Comment

Mugen MF10.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Last edited by TeMp; 28-05-08, 10:16 PM. Reason: Never mind my estimates...

Comment

dont always go for the lightest...

i have been telling people all the time until i found an article on JDMST that speaks clearly what my intention

http://og-made.com/archives/1904

structural rigidity is important as well

i have seen forged wheel break under stress.

honestly there is so much you can shave the weight off without undermining structural integrity.

i have spoken to work wheels japan manager before and told me that work philosophy is always safety first. that is why they are very popular with cars with big HP just because they are very very solid wheels who can withstand the abuse of track use.

it is no rocket science that solid wheels = heavier wheels.

but have a read at the article. very interesting and helpful. in that way i hope it helps to make a wise decision.

im not in anyway say forged wheel is bad. forged wheel is one of the best thing that happen in automotive passion and pursuit but understanding is the key i guess.
                  Last edited by JDM Concept; 02-06-08, 12:15 AM.

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
                  A/C Name: JDM Concept
                  A/C BSB: 032157
                  A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

very good read mate, thanks
                    DCIIR

Comment

interesting read thankyou jdm concept..
                      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

ps im also looking at upgrading my rims..absolutR i have a dc2r too, used to have 17x7+43 bcp1's but trust me 15x7 --> 16x7.5 is the optimum wheel size for dc2r. have a look at tyre availability in correct sizes for best rolling dia. as well as load ratings etc..
                        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by JDM Concept View Post
                          but have a read at the article. very interesting and helpful. in that way i hope it helps to make a wise decision.

all that article shows is that you shouldnt shave/remove weight from a rim...

no brainer!!!

i have been running 3.9kg Racing Harts for several seasons, lightweight can be trusted, you just gotta be prepared to pay...

and dont buy FAKE/COPY rims - this is deadly!
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                            but trust me 15x7 --> 16x7.5 is the optimum wheel size for dc2r.
                            can you elaborate?

optimum for what?
                            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              all that article shows is that you shouldnt shave/remove weight from a rim...

no brainer!!!

i have been running 3.9kg Racing Harts for several seasons, lightweight can be trusted, you just gotta be prepared to pay...

and dont buy FAKE/COPY rims - this is deadly!
                              I cannot agree more. Fake wheels are killing the original manufacturers that took the time and money to develop an original product . Anyone that has an interest in modifying and the aftermarket parts industry should not buy fake parts.

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              can you elaborate?

optimum for what?
                              I am also interested in a more elaborate explanation? I would have thought that the optimum wheel size would be the smallest that will fit over your brakes and allow you to use the tyre size you want taking into account weight and contact patch of the tyre.

For me the tyre size I want to use would be the first consideration when buying wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X