Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding a front sway bar

Hi guys,
    I have searched high and low for a front sway bar for my TypeS.
    I need something that's 26.5mm or larger and to clear JDM brand headers.
    I need it in that size because the stock TypeS front sway is that size and I quite like how my car handles right now, so I wouldn't want to go smaller, but if there's one around 25mm I guess I can try it out.

Plus also I have a cusco rear 25mm sway bar, i don't wish to go any smaller than 26.5m at the front.

I suspect your stock front sway bar is hollow so you may not necessarily need a larger diameter bar.

Once you do work out what the wall thickness of the bar is you can pick from three different bars that Mugen make: King Motorsports

Alternatively as far as I know any front sway bars made for the EP3R will fit an AUDM DC5R and clear JDM exhaust manifolds.

Comment

that's great info! thanks for that!

Comment

ChargeR for moderator!

this guy is consistent and accurate, thanks for the efforts mate
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          ChargeR for moderator!

this guy is consistent and accurate, thanks for the efforts mate
          Thanks for the encouragement guys but I would confirm the EP3R/AUDM DC5 similarity before you order any parts. I am only saying this from memory and the fact that King Motorsports list the same part number for ep3 and dc5s. I am a few beverages deep at the moment.

The figures on stock front swaybar wall thicknesses should be on clubrsx somewhere but I can not find them at the moment.
          Last edited by ChargeR; 20-05-08, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I have an EP3 sway on my DC5R and it fit and clears my Toda headers fine...

Comment

IF you get the JDM LCA you can use the JDM front DC5R sway bar.

Save weight as well from the lighter LCA's w00t

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post

where you get JDM LCA's from
                Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Sorry, to go off topic but is the difference between the stock and jdm or aftemarket the size of the sway bar? How can you tell if its stock or not?

Comment

when you use jdm lca you need drive shaft too....coz jdm is longer...
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ
                    :blah:
                    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

^ and that is why i can't be bothered getting the JDM LCA

looks like my options are to get an aftermarket front sway made for the EP3R

thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                        when you use jdm lca you need drive shaft too....coz jdm is longer...

No you dont, thats only for the hubs cos of the +60 offset.

I have 2 friends one with DC5S and one with DC5R and they run JDM LCA without the LCA.

I think you may need to shave the metal bushings to fit them for the pre face lift dc5.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

I have 2 friends one with DC5S and one with DC5R and they run JDM LCA without the LCA.

I think you may need to shave the metal bushings to fit them for the pre face lift dc5.
                          so where can I source some from Chi
                          Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

I have 2 friends one with DC5S and one with DC5R and they run JDM LCA without the JDM hub.

Chi speaks the truth. The lower ball joint on the DC5S is the same size as JDM DC5Rs so the lower control arm will bolt up without a problem.

My reading suggests that the difference in track width between AUDM and JDM DC5R is in the knuckles and hubs not the LCA.

Comment

SWEET ChargeR and Chi comes to the rescue again!!

Comment

Working...
                              X