blow light bulb???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blow light bulb???

anyone ever have any problems with blown light bulbs? my type S light bulb has literally blown up..there are broken pieces of glass in the headlight unit...

how does that happen?

any ideas anyone?

Wow.. did you replace the original bulb with another one before? or is it the one from the factory that blew up?

Comment

i have no idea...i bought the car 2nd hand..

Comment

my guess is mishandling of the headlight bulbs and oils and crap from fingers have gone on the bulb during installation.

when you go to put the new bulb in, never ever ever ever touch the glass. handle it from the base at all times.
        Last edited by MrThanh; 17-05-08, 03:33 PM.
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

i reckon thanh is on the right track...
          ... retired/

Comment

alright iv installed the new lightbulb...but now i have broken glass stuck in my headlight, is there any way to remove them

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
              my guess is mishandling of the headlight bulbs and oils and crap from fingers have gone on the bulb during installation.

when you go to put the new bulb in, never ever ever ever touch the glass. handle it from the base at all times.
              but the lightbulb has been fine ever since i bought the car back in december, and it suddenly blew up just last week

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en_11 View Post
                but the lightbulb has been fine ever since i bought the car back in december, and it suddenly blew up just last week
                doesn't just happen immediately. takes time for it to weaken the integrity of the glass.

i suppose now you can remove the headlight and try and pour out the glass. to do so remove the bumper. there are three 14mm bolts (i think) holding the headlight in place. if that doesn't work you could always use a heatgun to open the headlight up and clean it out that way.
                T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

yeh. i would say just take off the bumper to get the headlight off
                  and just do your best to shake off all the bits of glass

never touch the globe or any glass part and it will melt or blow up the glass
                  eg. putting oil on a fry pan will increase the temperature to what the pan is capable of producing on its own
                  Tyrepower North Melbourne
                  Christopher Lai | Owner - Operator
                  0433 33 90 38 | 03 9329 7333

PM/SMS for a quote | Tyres / Wheels / Alignment

212 Abbotsford St, North Melbourne

--------------------------------
                  Honda DC2 | Nissan S15 | BMW Z4M | Honda DC5

Comment

Working...
                  X