• Time
  • Show
Clear All

so expensive...

Comment

From Idealseat:

Hi Dean,

Thank you for your enquiry again.

I cannot give any indication on time at the moment, unfortunatley it looks as though Standards Australia are keeping their Standards with only a few changes. We are still in discussions but Australian Standards won’t budge and if RECARO wants to be in Australia the seats will need to be modified to be allowed. That in turn takes lots of time and money.

I’m sorry I cannot offer any quick solution at present.

I want one for my little girl.
      Deano.

Comment

Its in Australia too. But i guess its more a booster seat then a baby one.

Comment

and here is mine:

Comment

Of course they are in Au, I know that people get them from overseas. I would love to get one, but I am not about to risk it if its not ADR approved. There cannot be one world standard. Every country is different.
            Deano.

Comment

mine (newer model) meets EU standard and i think that's good enough.

it's next to impossible for the local distributor to get their act together.

i trust Recaro more than most of the locally available products....

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                I think that quote there is very true...

Just because they're not sold in Australia, means they're bad...

If/when (god i hope not for a while yet) the time comes, i would love to get one. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                  You would like to hope so. Like I quoted, Standards Australia disagree with your statement at present.

For me, I trust Standards Australia.
                  Deano.

Comment

i got it from the same guy who got me my EP3. they just bid on yahoo auction and EMS it over.

Originally posted by DLO01 View Post
                    You would like to hope so. Like I quoted, Standards Australia disagree with your statement at present.

For me, I trust Standards Australia.
                    i understand your POV. our standards follow a lot from the EU ones anyway.

and what's the logic that ISOFIX doesn't comply with our standard when most of the world think it's safe and adopt it.

at the end of the day, i spent like $300 for each of these (i have one each for my kids). i bought them not because of the bling factor but because Recaro is a leading manufacturer for seats. and i trust its product better than some of the stuff we get locally.
                    Last edited by felixR; 19-08-20, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Im ordering mine next week sometime...(as per my avatar)

If you want one let me know and we can buy together
                      Last edited by felixR; 19-08-20, 02:42 AM.
                      2K5ODC

Comment

so cute... but too early for me to considering getting a baby. haha

Comment

Working...
                        X