No announcement yet.

Coilover Review: DC2R, DC5R, EP3R, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size is that Felix? They feel much better than stock?
    Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
      I've got a photo of the Cusco Rear Sway Bar installed - click here
      I Rikey..!!!

Would like to know whether it came with poly bushings or endlinks, But we should keep this thread about coilovers!!

Ill start a swaybar thread when i come around to the purchase.
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
        I Rikey..!!!

Would like to know whether it came with poly bushings or endlinks, But we should keep this thread about coilovers!!

Ill start a swaybar thread when i come around to the purchase.
        Comes with oe style hardish rubber ( like Type R's ones ) 25mm D bushes that's made to fit stock D bushes clamps. See my pic in prev post.

No endlinks supplied, use your stock ITR ones, or buy hardrace with harder bushes, or better still spherical end links from ASR etc.

I also replaced the sway bar end bushes with super pro poly ones since my bar was 2nd hand and was perished.

Sway bar thread sounds great, will upload pics of my asr swaybar/brace and my findings with the kit.
        Last edited by EG30; 19-10-11, 04:12 PM.
        Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Cheers EG.

Does anyone think coilovers are a DIY item?

Would be keen to do it myself.

Comment

Cheers EG.

I do, very much so and many ways even easier than stock items as they are more compact with shorter travel so easier to install. On our cars with wishbone style setup lot easier than the macpherson struts to remove and replace.

Will take you a while to get good at adjusting the perches and dial it to the right ride heights but it will be good learning exp for the install as well as car setup knowledge as well.
            Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
              GAB SS valving to hard? Doubt it.
              you mind do little bit of review on ohlins dfv?
              thanks mate

Comment

Cheers EG.

its easy bro! ill come over and help. and i find things a lil challenging lol.

Comment

Guys. Looking at purchasing these to compliment my front suspension bushing refresh:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...rod=16%2E8102#

Are these relevant? From what i can remember the shock is a solid mount onto a adaptor fork for the type R. Can anybody help?

Comment

Guys. Looking at purchasing these to compliment my front suspension bushing refresh:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...rod=16%2E8102#

Are these relevant? From what i can remember the shock is a solid mount onto a adaptor fork for the type R. Can anybody help?
                    The shock is rigidly mounted to the fork but at the bottom of the fork where it bolts onto the lower control arm there is a bushing. So it may be worth replacing. I'd use OEM for a long and trouble free service life if I were you, although they are twice the price: LINK

Comment

Car: DC2R

Coilovers: HSD HR

Specs: 12K/7K

Price and dealer: $1300 from otomoto.com

Alignment: -

Supporting relevant mods: currently none.

Tyre size: 205/45/16

Application: street every day and track once every three months

Street rating: 4 / 10...

The HR does well to maintain a duality between street comfort and sporty driving. The damping seems sophisticated enoguh to maintain a bearable ride on sydney roads whilst providing advanced feedback through all for corners. Currently set to 10/16 clicks at the front and 10/16 at the rear, body control is great but composure in corners can be upset by sub-par roads' bumps and pot-holes. Damping clicks at front are perfect, but rear needs to be softened because of the light rear end in DC2's.

(EDITED 2013)

In the last year these coilovers have deteriorated considerably. They have progressively become more sharp-edged on the street - compression strokes are jittery, the car crashes in to pot-holes and rear dampers make a loud knocking sound under corner loading. They also are audibly noticeable more than ever as they creak and "gas" when operating. Visible rust has taken refuge on the adjustable thread of the coilovers. On track performance remains unchanged though.

Track rating: 7 /10... Damping is clicked to full. Mid corner composure is fantastic, and turn in is great. Although roll has not been cancelled to my desire because of softer spring rate choice. Car has great control, i find myself regularly entering corners too hot but recovering well because of such.

Comments:
                      (+) A value coilover

(-) Upset by imperfect roads, which is all of Sydneys
                      Last edited by cordz; 14-01-13, 05:35 AM.

Comment

quick question! do brand new coilovers need like a running in period at all?! or..

i just got my coilovers in yday, and just wondering if it'll be okay to get a alignment today, or is it better to let the springs settle a bit more before getting an alignment?!

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                          quick question! do brand new coilovers need like a running in period at all?! or..

i just got my coilovers in yday, and just wondering if it'll be okay to get a alignment today, or is it better to let the springs settle a bit more before getting an alignment?!
                          A good spring shouldn't settle, but rubber bushes and other rubber parts in the suspension do. Particularly if you didn't torque up the suspension bolts with the car on the ground. I'd say a day or so of driving around should be heaps of time for any settling to take place though.

Be sure to get as much negative camber at the front as you can, then that PB at Winton will be a sure thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            A good spring shouldn't settle, but rubber bushes and other rubber parts in the suspension do. Particularly if you didn't torque up the suspension bolts with the car on the ground. I'd say a day or so of driving around should be heaps of time for any settling to take place though.

Be sure to get as much negative camber at the front as you can, then that PB at Winton will be a sure thing.
                            haha thanks a lot for that tom!! very helpful and i'll be sure to get that neg camber!!

Comment

Car: 02 DC5R
                              Coilovers: BC BR Racing Coilovers
                              Specs: F 10 R15
                              Price: $1299
                              Dealer: Just Jap

Pro's -
                              - Bang for buck coilovers
                              - 32 way damper adjustable
                              - awesome for daily driving at lowest height
                              - super comfortable

Con's -
                              - no cons as of yet

Application: Street driving to uni everyday/commuting locally

Street rating: 8.5/10
                              Have a read of my build thread

Comment

King Springs on a 2005 DC Luxury? Does it exist?

I just test drove a 2005 DC Luxury today and noticed it was lowered on YELLOW SPRINGS. I assumed they were King Springs. But when I searched for (05-06) King Springs I couldn't find the product. Do they exist?

I'm worried that someone has just installed an 02-04 King Springs, that don't coil in different directions in the front, making it a dangerous/shock-destroying situation.

If I'm mistaken and they do exist, could you guys tell me how low the drop is on these springs?

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X