This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dc2 Type R Options (sunroof)

Ive recently been looking at purchasing a dc2 type r, and some ive come across have electric glass sunroofs.
    Are they a genuine honda accessory or aftermarket ?
    They have mostly been on 2001 dc2 type r

As far as I know, aftermarket only.

Also have a very close look whether it is a real type R and not just a normal Integra (with factory sunroof option) with type R body parts

Comment

i second what Andys says!

Comment

5 lug wheels, bigger disc brakes, type r plaque below the handbrake for a start

Comment

Dealer option therefore it's not Honda

Comment

thanks for confirming that.
            the ones i have seen have been genuine type r's but the sunroofs really put me off.
            sunroofs always leak.
            the sunroof motor and frame are also know to fail.
            so ill be only looking for a clean example without a sunroof.
            thanks for the replies

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
              Dealer option therefore it's not Honda
              that is the answer you are after

Comment

Originally posted by TYPE R 888 View Post
                thanks for confirming that.
                the ones i have seen have been genuine type r's but the sunroofs really put me off.
                sunroofs always leak.
                the sunroof motor and frame are also know to fail.
                so ill be only looking for a clean example without a sunroof.
                thanks for the replies
                Not always true.

Comment

Check that its not a Nissan in disguise.

Comment

If it's the perfect car other than the sunroof, get it removed.... get a smash repairer to weld a new roof panel in and paint it etc...
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                      If it's the perfect car other than the sunroof, get it removed.... get a smash repairer to weld a new roof panel in and paint it etc...
                      seriously, whos going to spend approx $20k -$24k then god knows how much on a turret and hood lining and all the other crap associated with doing that job. Its a waste of money

Comment

Originally posted by TYPE R 888 View Post
                        seriously, whos going to spend approx $20k -$24k then god knows how much on a turret and hood lining and all the other crap associated with doing that job. Its a waste of money
                        It's another option that's all... I know the job can be done to the highest quality for <$2k comfortably.

I know some people would consider that as an option, particularly when finding otherwise mint ITR's is getting harder and harder... I would ditch the sunroof in that minty clean yellow ITR which is currently for sale in the For Sale section if I were to buy it

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

from memory, when i 1st got my dc2r, i had asked about sunroofs and was told explicitly that the dc2r wasnt able to get a sunroof fitted due to the chassis, and that a TypeR with a sunroof would be deemed a defect

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                            It's another option that's all... I know the job can be done to the highest quality for <$2k comfortably.

I know some people would consider that as an option, particularly when finding otherwise mint ITR's is getting harder and harder... I would ditch the sunroof in that minty clean yellow ITR which is currently for sale in the For Sale section if I were to buy it
                            Highly doubt that it's a <2k job you'd need to respray most of the car to blend the roof in. Good resprays don't come cheap.
                            David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                            '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                            '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post
                              Highly doubt that it's a <2k job you'd need to respray most of the car to blend the roof in. Good resprays don't come cheap.
                              You wouldn't need to blend any panels as the roof has the plastic "gutter" pieces covering where the turret is welded in.

I know for a fact it is a <$2k job as a friend of mine had a quote to have his aftermarket sunroof removed and replaced by a high quality repairer.

Comment

Working...
                              X