Someone Hit My New Car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone Hit My New Car!!

i JUST bought a DC2R last tuesday.. and already someone reared into my rear quarter panel, near the petrol tank.. the damage cracked the paint on my rear bar aswell

anyone know any really good panel beaters that would fix/replace the rear bar and make it look as new as possible??

please help!!

(yes im getting it done through insurance)

i have cream white paint on my car.. would that be easy or hard to match??
    i realise it wont be perfect but i wana know how close to perfect i can get so i can mentally prepare myself for a big patch of new paint next to old.

Comment

Blackler and Maxwell in hornsby, did an amazing job on my DC2R, like left me speachless.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2227800
      Last edited by kavehman; 09-04-08, 07:52 PM.
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

cream white? championship white is it? White with a little yellow is it? Where are you from anyway? Sad to hear bro....

Comment

yeh sorry champ white.

cheers, prior to getting this car i had a accident where some red p plater turned into my car while i was going straight at 80ks and thus i spun off and hit a pole and she wrote off my car.

mm not a good year.. and not having much luck with cars either so it seems.

from sydney btw. Hills area Kellyville. near Castle Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
            Blackler and Maxwell in hornsby, did an amazing job on my DC2R, like left me speachless.

Nice work!! i like the paint!!
            also i noticed your side blinker lights are white, mine are yellow, did you change yours? (mine's a 99model type R, incase yours is newer or something and that's y they're different)

also how much did all that cost you or the insurance company, do you know the price?

How much would it cost for me to do a whole body respray?? roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post

in regards to the paintless dent removal you did to your car, what process did they use for that?
              Chk Chk Boom!

Comment

Not sure of the total cost but I believe it was over 10 grand, the replaced a lot of parts. I told them up front that I would be the pickiest customer they had.... they took that literally and did everything spot on. Took a LOOOOONNNNGGG time but it was done right.

Not sure of the paintless dent removal, method, but I have pulled apart the interior and it all looked good.
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

did you have it done through insurance?

the paint on my rear bar has come off.. you can now see the yellow undercoat..and it's scraped the tinest bit on the corner.. would the smash repair people replace it or just touch it up?

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
                    did you have it done through insurance?

the paint on my rear bar has come off.. you can now see the yellow undercoat..and it's scraped the tinest bit on the corner.. would the smash repair people replace it or just touch it up?
                    Unless the bumper has serious damage, insurance is likely to want the repairer to repair the bumper and repaint it.

Pretty hard to justify a new $700 bumper for a minor scrape...
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Yellow undercoat ???? Honda doesn't use yellow under coat, take some pics and post em up. Soumd like u have a replacement bumper.

Mine was done through insurance.
                      /Oo ___H___ oO\
                      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

sounds like a reconditioned bumper for sure, previously on a yellow dc2r, which would mean the car has been in 1 or more accidents in the past already.......was it private or dealer

Comment

Working...
                        X