Yellow Recaros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Recaros

I just recently got my DC2R with yellow recaros.. i've heard alot of people want these seats and thus they could get stolen easily.. i was wondering whether i should tell my insurance company of this and so if they ever do get stolen then i'd be fully covered for whatever the seats are worth.. (they're fromt a limited edt dc2r)??

any thoughts?

the yellow recaros are from the 2001 yellow DC2R...
    i wouldn't bother telling your insurance company about the different coloured seats as they might just laugh at you... they're still recaros, and at the end of the day, anyone will steal any colour of recaros... i think the red ones are more popular anyway.
    the value of the recaro seats are also the same no matter what colour they are. if your insurance company will pay you out for it, they won't fork out more for the yellow seats.

i mean if you really want to, you can tell them that the seats are the yellow recaros... not sure if it'll make much difference to them... just don't tell them that you think there's a bigger chance people will steal them, otherwise they might not insure you anymore coz you're telling them you're a higher risk! or they will bump your insurance premium up as well.

Comment

btw, this thread doesn't really belong in the 'tech' section does it? any mod wanna move it to general?

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
        btw, this thread doesn't really belong in the 'tech' section does it? any mod wanna move it to general?
        huh? not sure what you are talking about?
        ... retired/

Comment

Don't tell them! If they get stolen, they will pay for another. I mean they did take pictures of your car, right? Assuming you have full coverage and not liability. Like Ray mentioned--I'm sure the Yellow ones cost as much as the Red ones from Honda. If in doubt, give Honda a call.

Comment

Take pictures.

The insurance company should repair it as new anyway.

Your car will probably just get written off lol.

Comment

hahahhaha funny

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
                I just recently got my DC2R with yellow recaros.. i've heard alot of people want these seats and thus they could get stolen easily.. i was wondering whether i should tell my insurance company of this and so if they ever do get stolen then i'd be fully covered for whatever the seats are worth.. (they're fromt a limited edt dc2r)??

any thoughts?
                If your with Full Comp and you explicitly tell the insurance company you have
                'Yellow' recaros...they should cover them in your policy. I know Just Cars does.

note: just make sure u take a frontal shot of the car inc. your rego plate and the seats inside the car as proof.

Comment

Working...
                X