ARC - Civic Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
    Wouldn't the same be said for the entire setup? Alot of cars run big 6 pot setups at the front and retain standard rear with upgraded pads. For the car to have different pads is hardly surprising, nor cutting edge.
    What can be said about the whole car? Interesting? Yes, the whole car is interesting.

Alot of cars do do what you said but why I find interesting is at the moment I am running same pads front and rear (PMU LVL 500) and I find the braking still very balanced. This is comparable to another car with (lets use what you said 6pot at front and standard at rear) because the proportion of the calipers is still the same, bigger calipers at front and smaller ones at rear. Yet the differenece is the pads of how they run more aggro at front and less aggro in rear compared to what I am using atm.

I also understand there are more factors to consider in brake balance then just brake pads.

So in relation to my experience I find this interesting and no I don't find this surprising nor cutting edge.

Comment

Originally posted by narada View Post
      oh another reason, probably more true to this situation would be that the rear brakes dont get used to the extent of the fronts, and the DS2500 will heat up faster than the DS3000... that way, both front and rear brakes can be in operating temperature when driving
      But then you have to consider that the rear brake pads are also MUCH smaller then the front.

So even though the rear is doing less braking, meaning generating less heat, it also takes less heat to heat up a smaller object?

Comment

Working...
      X