Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Rav4

Hey all,

Mate is looking at getting the current model Rav4.
    Just wondering if there's anyone out there that has got one, driven one, or has anything valuable to say to help a person make the decision when buying one of these vehicles.

Any feedback on the car (current model) is appreciated

Q
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

not type r = no good.
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R
    Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

i dont like how it only comes in the 5 door family variant.
      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Tell him to wait for Tiguan.

Launching in June in TDI and TSI at the end of the year.

Comment

Failing that, I can help out with the Rav 4 Q. We have a Toyota dealership in the group.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
            Tell him to wait for Tiguan.

Launching in June in TDI and TSI at the end of the year.

What is the price going to be on this 1? I doubt anywhere near the price of a Rav4? Looks rather nice thou

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
              Failing that, I can help out with the Rav 4 Q. We have a Toyota dealership in the group.
              Hey Sam, thanks heaps for you help so far!!!

Mate from work is becoming a first time dad, and he wants something that can cart the family as well as their dog around on occassions.

He said preferably aiming for something around the 30k mark.

He really wanted to find out as much feedback as he possibly could about the car as the Rav4s now are drastically different from the earlier gens... hence the big variance in driver/owner feedback.

Any faults, or reoccuring issues that you might be able to advise him of?
              Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post

Mate from work is becoming a first time dad, and he wants something that can cart the family as well as their dog around on occassions.

He really wanted to find out as much feedback as he possibly could about the car as the Rav4s now are drastically different from the earlier gens... hence the big variance in driver/owner feedback.

My friend just got the Rav4 for the same reason.. baby and a dog..

he got his for 26k.. for a 2001 rav4, with he said under 70,000km on the Dial..

the only thing so far i heard him complain about is the fuel gauge he said is Super inacurate.. and from 1/4 tank moves to Empty alot.. although i think thats somewhat normal just because fuel gauges are always been super innacurate..

said he likes the ride height can see most things ahead. without having to feel like a super big 4wd..
                Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

My sister has just bought a new Rav4 Cruiser L. Very Nice car to drive, smooth and clean to drive around town. Cruise L Model is packed with cool features, dual climate control, bluetooth hands free in the dash, auto lights etc. It suits her perfectly (small family with a baby on the way)
                  Toda Racing /// Gruppe-M /// Kpro

Comment

Originally posted by revolution View Post
                    What is the price going to be on this 1? I doubt anywhere near the price of a Rav4? Looks rather nice thou
                    Starting at mid 30s + orc. I think the Rav4 is a similar price. Like all VW and Toyota comparisons, the difference is powertrain and specs. For a sub 40k car the Tiguan is loaded with extras. Even park assist like the Lexus LS600.

Just like every VW launch there will be major supply constraints. Only 1,500 cars for the year. No petrol models until 4th quarter at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post

30k puts you in the last generation bracket. The Rav has grown in size and price alot since it's inception. I'll ask the guys at Toyota for advice on the Rav and get back to you. I'll see what pre owned stock they have too. They always have something.

Comment

Working...
                      X