The Choices..... Build Up Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Choices..... Build Up Questions

Well after finally starting to drive again ive been building up my car slowly with some parts i had left from my old car and new parts that i have ordered.

List so far:
    01 DC2R CW

- Maximworks Headers 4-2-1
    - Injen CAI
    - Reinhard Stainless Exhaust

On Order
    - Zeal Super Functions

Now im at a crossroad where i have some money to spend but dont know where i should spend it

Choices are:

- Rays RE30 16" wheels Black ($2500)
    - JDM Front End Conversion includes everything needed with HID Headlights OEM Front bar & BYS Genuine Front Bar ($3000)
    - Endless 4 Pot System Kit ($2200)

I have spoken to a lot of ppl and have had mixed feeling and thought i might get some more opinions.

Ive always wanted wheels as i think it will just set the car off nicely and the lightness of the wheels will make the car abit more nimble through corners and accelerate faster.

JDM Front is aesthetically pleasing but does nothing for performance side of things. Then again is it a JDM front and some ppl would consider doing this before anything else if they could.

Endless 4 Pot System Kit will need wheels in the end as well because there is no way to fit these under the stock wheels.

My friends have also been telling me that spending $2500 on wheels is ridiculous and should just buy cheap copy wheels and spend the money elsewhere....

All this just leaves me more confused some maybe some insight to what other ppl might do in my situation may give me an idea of what i might do.

re30s
    "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

+ 1 for new rims

performance & looks
      ... retired/

Comment

this colour?
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post

My friends have also been telling me that spending $2500 on wheels is ridiculous and should just buy cheap copy wheels and spend the money elsewhere....
          Whatever you do, do not do this. Copy wheels are heavier and weaker. The RE30 has incredible structural rigidity for it's weight. Don't know how it would look on a DC2 though. I'd prefer CE28s even though they're alot more common. The dish on the RE30 doesn't suit a DC2.

Comment

+2 rims.
            Wouldn't ITR brakes with braided lines and better pads come close to matching the performance of a 4 pot calliper ?
            Arguing online is like competing in the Special Olympics.. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Comment

no its a custom colour
              gloss black

i actually think it would sit quite nicely.
              very close to bottom left one.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                Whatever you do, do not do this. Copy wheels are heavier and weaker. The RE30 has incredible structural rigidity for it's weight. Don't know how it would look on a DC2 though. I'd prefer CE28s even though they're alot more common. The dish on the RE30 doesn't suit a DC2.
                Its not like i would get the crapiest rims out there. But ive heard good things about some ROTA wheels etc cheap and good quality obviously not as good as rays forged but does the job.

Big difference between $900 and $2500

obviously everyone would go for the better wheel if they had the money but do you see the dillemma im in with being able to spend money elsewhere if i where to just get rotas or something along those lines. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                  What do you guys think?
                  I'm a RAYS addict so my viewpoint will be biased. I'll sit the rest of this one out.

If you're gonna do brakes, go for the ITR setup. It's cheaper and serves the prupose for regular driving.

Comment

do whichever makes u the happiest

Comment

Id go for Rims.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Rims +1

How about ce28n Honda Time Attack?

Comment

if it were me i'd get the rims for sure. as far as brakes are concerned, i have found that stock brakes with upgraded pads/front rotors only works very well in a light-tuned application, even with pretty aggressive track use.
                          "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

I agree with pretty much everyone in here: RE30s. A set of lightweight rims with nice low offset and good tyres will do more for the performance and aesthetics of your car than either of the other mods listed.

Backyard special front is a bit meh, and big brake kits are for cars that are not lightweight and well balanced from the factory.

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                              even with pretty aggressive track use.
                              they do me fine for my purposes...

but i praise my forged Racing Hart CP-035's at every event i race at...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X