DC5R Suspension mods and NVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Suspension mods and NVH

Please feel free that share your comment on the ride feel for suspensions/chassis mods you have got.

To start off with, I have got these on installed my dc5r (in order): Spoon Springs, cusco rear sway, mugen front and rear tower, EP3 front sway, 17" cr-kai work wheels, vision engine damper,.

I feel that my car is too stiff now and definitely not daily driver friendly. More important, the cornering speed of my car is slower than what it used to be. Particularly after the vision engine damper is fitted, the car creates lots of chassis vibration whenever going over pot holes.

Are my car setup too harsh for daily driving? I am thinking to demod some mods that i have to balance for the driving comfort. What suspension mods or setup would be good for performance but without too much compromise of the harsh ride?

Unfortunately the most compliant daily driven ride is generally OEM. Honda spent all that money to give you a street friendly car. Firing a whole heap of performance mods onto your car will always have it's drawbacks.

I had Tein Flex coilovers with Cusco strut bars front and rear and a Spoon torque damper. Car wasn't too bad with these mods. Can I suggest a similar setup for street use, perhaps SS instead of Flex for coilovers.

Will be rebuilding it with Innovative race mounts, Carbing front and rear tower bars, front and rear lower arm bars, J's fender bars, J's rear camber adjusters, Akom inverted tie rods, J's roll centre adjuster, Cusco front and rear sway bars and the Tein Flex coilovers will remain for now. May change to J's Crux coilovers depending on performance with new setup. Car has also been seem welded and had 6 point cage welded in. Comfortable is now a dirty word.
    Last edited by m0nty; 12-03-08, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah I found an engine damper *significantly* increased the amount of NVH. Not sure if it means it's slower, maybe you are just feeling and hearing more harshness and that gives you the sensation of being less stable?

Just on spoon springs, rear sway and F & R struts was just nice for me.
      Last edited by FunkyR; 12-03-08, 10:42 PM.
      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
      http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

I used to run Tein SS on street and it was quiet street friendly......I use like 10 clicks back from the hardest setting for street and it just works fine.....but the hardest setting of the SS just not enough for me on track. Currently running Tein Mono Flex with Mugen front strut, Cusco Front strut replacing OEM front. J's racing rear strut and C pillar. Cusco Front and rear sway, ingall rear camber arm and innovative engine mount. This setup is great for track but not really street friendly. But you can't have both and I am happy with this for now as I know what it will be like anywayz.....I think its all depends on what you looking for.....as you just run the car for street I will agree with mOnty.....OEM is the best....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

I'm on Tein SS, J's front and rear strut bar, spoon rear lower tie bar, Cusco 25mm rear sway, oem front sway (26.5mm), vision rear camber kit, J's racing steering tie rod, stock 17" wheels.
          I wouldn't have it any other way! sometimes it's a little bumpy, but most of the time it's great. Will get j's RCA soon.

My previous car (auto dc5) i had mugen sport suspension, spoon front and rear strut bar, spoon rear lower tie bar, whiteline 24mm rear sway (non-adj). This setup was really comfy, great on the street, looks good too, but around the tighter mountain stuff, it's not good.

btw what's NVH?

Comment

Working...
          X