Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP3 Fuel Consumption

Hi All

I'm new to this forum and just finished complying a JDM EP3 Civic. I tried searching through the forum on EP3 fuel consumption and couldn't find any topics. Anyways I'm doing around 300kms before the fuel light comes on. When I go to fill up I pour around 30-33 litres into the tank before the handle clicks. So I guess I'm averaging 10L/100kms. Does this sound right?

Before this car I had an EVO 3 with a lot of mods and it was averaging 340-370kms to a 45 litre tank. I thought the EP3 would be way way better in fuel consumption.

How big is the tank on an JDM EP3?

sounds about right, depending on how heavy your right foot is.

tank should be 50L, like most of the other hondas.
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Yeah the fuel indicator does sound like its whacked. Sometimes it would drop a couple of bars during a drive. Then when I go to start her up again, it climbs a couple of bars up.

Comment

same problem i had with my dc5. after the gauge goes past the halfway point, it seems to drop bloody quick too.
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

has your EP3 ever been moded b4 it was complied?
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

had to say anything could of happened to the EP3 back in Japan. But when it arrived here it was bog stock EP3. However it did have braided brake hoses.

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
              same problem i had with my dc5. after the gauge goes past the halfway point, it seems to drop bloody quick too.
              Yeh I have this in my DC5R... I get like 500+ before the light comes on, but the first "half" of the gauge =350km then the last "half" is only 150

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              has your EP3 ever been moded b4 it was complied?
              How do mods affect you fuel gauge? Just wondering because the previous owner was adamant my car was stock since new (his brother-in-law bought it brand new then sold it to him)... This and a few other things are making me start to doubt

Comment

hey there xzibit. Welcome to the ep3 family
                Currently i run BP Ulitmate and i get around 450 - 500km b4 fuel light comes on (and i am a it of a heavy footer most of the time)

Also from all the times ive filled up my car, Im 99.9% sure its a 40L tank
                So i think that ur fuel guage is a lil out of whack hmmm weird

Comment

i think it's a honda thing - my jazz used to tell me it was at 330kms when the needle was at the halfway point, then it would go down real quick - ending up at around 500ish when the light started to come on
                  my fn2r does the same thing - tells me i've done 250 at halfway then goes down real quick aftr that so i get aronud 400-450 per tank
                  '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
                  wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by supersteve View Post
                    hey there xzibit. Welcome to the ep3 family
                    Currently i run BP Ulitmate and i get around 450 - 500km b4 fuel light comes on (and i am a it of a heavy footer most of the time)

Also from all the times ive filled up my car, Im 99.9% sure its a 40L tank
                    So i think that ur fuel guage is a lil out of whack hmmm weird
                    it is a 50L tank not 40L

anyone i thought the fuel gauge thing applies to many cars
                    second half goes quicker

Comment

Thats why i said 99.9% sure its 40L, just incase i was wrong he he he he
                      well i guess when my fuel light comes on i have 10L of petrol to burn then w00t w00t

Comment

thanks for your help all. I guess checking out the fuel indicator is another thing I need to do on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp00n View Post
                          i think it's a honda thing - my jazz used to tell me it was at 330kms when the needle was at the halfway point, then it would go down real quick - ending up at around 500ish when the light started to come on
                          my fn2r does the same thing - tells me i've done 250 at halfway then goes down real quick aftr that so i get aronud 400-450 per tank
                          geez

my fn2 is bang on.

i usually get about 500kms. yesterday, I filled up showing a remaining distance of 1km before i would run out of fuel. LOL
                          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                            geez

my fn2 is bang on.

i usually get about 500kms. yesterday, I filled up showing a remaining distance of 1km before i would run out of fuel. LOL
                            maybe i start going crazy aftr halfway... hehehe
                            i do have a pretty heavy right foot
                            '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
                            wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

wow thats good km there di not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X