Review on Gruppe M on EP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review on Gruppe M on EP3

Hey guys. I got home from my girlfriends house last night and to my surprize there was a box with GRUPPE M written on the side ! ! W00T W00T FINALLY IT ARRIVED ! ! this was at 10pm at night mind you and i had to wake up at 5am the next day to go work. Even though it was way past my bedtime, i thought to myself i think i better install my gruppe m intake ! ! also my brothers mate who is a mechanic was over and he offered to help install so GAME ON ! ! took us 1 hour and a bit to install and muck around with it. It came with everything u need for the installation so i was pretty happy about that n wasnt that hard to install at all, even for a paranoid noobz0r like myself! ! Also i love to say thanks to my mate for helping
    After installing we took my ep3 for a spin (pity it was pouring last night, it stopped raining though but the roads were still a bit wet) and OMFG ! ! the amount of more response NOT TO MENTION THE ROAR FROM THE ENGINE BAY WAS UNF***EN BELEIVABLE ! ! ! best 820 bucks i've spent ! ! i do recommend it to anyone looking for a intake on there honda ! ! Im still yet to get a dyno and when i do ill post it up and also i will post some pictures and video clips when i can get around to it

10/10 ! ! ! Awesome response and Feels and Sounds more aggressive ! ! Worth the money if u can fork the money out for it

also it got shipped from japan on the tuesday and i received it yesterday not bad aye and the bloke from Gruppe M was kind enough to put it as a gift so that helped aswell ! ! good on ya gruppe m ! !

Last edited by supersteve; 09-03-08, 12:26 PM.

congrats!

did you order it directly from Gruppe M?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

thanks felixR

Yeap i ordered directly through gruppe m by talking to 1 of there sales rep personel

Comment

sounds good and like it's worth it which is good to hear.

how did you go with the fitting of the scoop around the scuttle/cowl and is it a nice fit with the bit gruppe m send out and no problems opening bonnet?

Comment

in the instructions it says to file back to allow ur bonnet to go up and down. I only needed to file a tad off the hood on the corner and was all good after that.

Comment

No pics?

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
            Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

the pictures arent showing ??

Comment

nm they are showing now lol

Damn thats sexy looking

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

nice Mugen Sig Chi LOL

Comment

you had to file of the hood or off the scoop? do you find the scuttle gruppe m give to replace stock part pretty good? not too obvious?
                    Last edited by typercivic; 09-03-08, 01:01 PM.

Comment

LMAO Chi.

Good buy mate, looks great!

Comment

I'll take it to TODA on my next day off and get them to dyno though i heard that with gruppe m its hard to see the results of the intake due to the fact its up the top of the hood. We will see though
                        Last edited by felixR; 24-07-21, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by typercivic View Post
                          you had to file of the hood or off the scoop? do you find the scuttle gruppe m give to replace stock part pretty good? not too obvious?
                          I had to file off the scoop inlet peice that u see on pictures 3 and 4. Yeah the scuttle peice fits perfect. No problems fitting that at all. Pretty easy installation its basically out with the old in with the new

Comment

cool, sounds good. I'll send an email to Hoya and get the process started. Just in the earlier post you said had to file the hood so it got me scared lol as i thought u meant bonnet instead of the gruppe scoop.

cheers for write up and answers, have convinced me to go for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X