Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new 08 Golf MKV R32

Hi guys

I've recently taken delivery of a new Volkswagen Golf R32 3-door MKV DSG in United Grey. First week I've already racked up 1,200 kms!

Other cars I was considering were EVO 9, 350Z, Mazda MX5 NC, Mini Cooper S, a 2nd hand Boxter S.

I finally settled down on a R32 because I wanted something that had performance, luxury and practical. I got the DSG model purely because it's faster than the manual and also that my missus could drive it.

So far the car is fantastic... Compared to the DC5 it is of course got bags of torque at low revs. Up past 4,000 rpm it starts to become flat but with such a meaty low end it probably doesn't need it. The gear changes are lightning fast and i mean VERY FAST. To put it into perspective the Ferrari Enzo changes gears in 150ms where the DSG can do it in 30ms!!! And after driving it I believe it!

But I guess the best part about it is the way it sounds. I reckon it sounds better than the M3 straight six, it has that bee-in-a-tin-can worbble of the M3-six and that roar-and-rumble of a slightly bent-eight. Together with the all-paw traction and launch control it makes for an extremely fast getaway at the lights.

It's my company car so it had to be practical for carrying my docs, tools and what-nots and so far it does the job fantastically. It's low-key too, so I don't fear for it being raped at carparks.

I paid a touch over 60,000 including on-roads and insurance is around 2,700 (due to being registered for business, private is around 2,200). I opted for additional Sunroof and Rear parking sensors.... Everything else about the car is standard including all the leather, comfort features like auto-dimming rear view mirrors, heated seats, heated side mirrors etc.

I've driven a couple of EVOs and I reckon the R32 can just keep up. On any given bit of road a EVO will eat the R32 but I think on the tight stuff the R32 has an edge because of the low-end grunt.

I love this car, NO regrets

Here are some pics of it with my DC5R (which is on sale by the way, hint hint) in the garage.

mmmm r32...... nice!

im suprised your dc5r hasnt sold yet!
    LONDA

Comment

Apr Ecu Reflash !!!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Yes that's next on my list

Comment

Looks great Howie! I love the R32 in United Grey.

The R32 is seriously quick. At a track day at Oran Park I was doing 1:26s on GP circuit with street tyres, aftermarket headers and intake, APR reflash only. We had a mock race at the end of the day and finished just behind 2 modified Evo VIIIs. I would've loved stiffer suspension and semi slicks.

You're gonna love this car mate. Nice work.

Comment

super nice howie .... photoshoot soon

Comment

yup but someone gotta help me drive the DC5R out to help take photos

Comment

nice....only thing i dont like is that extra long antenna

z10 says:
                i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                z10 says:
                mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Nice car

I wanted one but it's just too expensive , maybe one day.

Comment

congrats! nice car
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Nice car.....good choice.....btw.....ur DC5 looks like sitting on +2 camber or sth? is it just me or I may need to get a new pair of glasses....
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      :blah:
                      インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Golf Gti did it for me! I wonder how this would compare. I reakon it would be better hands down!

Congrats man!

Originally posted by ChargeR
                        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Congratulations man!

The United Grey looks the goods on the r32! see too much blue ones...

Before the reflash, I'd get the Haldex controller which has 3 settings Stock, Sport and Race... it greatly improves/rid understeer to the Golf once on WOT. Also read that it will not affect warranty, might need to look into it.

http://www.goapr.com.au/products/haldex.html

For information, don't bother with vwvortex - go straight to www.golfmkv.com

Enjoy!
                          sif it's a girls car
                          sigpic

Comment

I see you finally take delivery of the Golf Would so love to have one too, but i was abit surprised with the insurance amount....

Photoshoot?? Any time for me There's a great spot in my area (hornsby), which is perfect for photoshoot
                            For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

They are farkn awesome cars man! enjoy it!!!!

i love the Seats In ur Teg !! FARKKK they must have been $$$

Cheers Dave
                              RWD + Boost =

Comment

Working...
                              X