exhaust catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust catalogue

Hey guys. I know this is a really general and noob question, but i was wanting to know your opinions on types of exhaust. Sound, price, performance gains ect for the various main exhausts out there.

I own a pretty much stock dc5, with only injen cai added...so was just looking for some general info and opinions...

Your help and knowlegde would be greatly appreciated.
    Hks
    20.41%
    Fuji
    79.59%

You really need to get your PC to play that video. It samples ALL the major exhaust systems available for the DC5.

My votes go for the Fujitsubo Power Getter and RM01A for street and the J's Racing 60RS and 70RR for track. Just remember that the J's systems are not made for catalytic converters. You'll need to modify headers to get a cat to fit. The 70RR is really only suited to engines with internal mods anyway.

Comment

not necessary.

70mm exhuast which was used in dc5 one make are purchasable from mugen "hoa" previously. Js racing simply made their own exhuast in a 70mm variation for the same race. Those one make dc5's were not allowed to have any engine internal modification at all.

So if anything 70MM exhuasts was designed for engines without any mods. same with mugen n1 ecu etc etc

Comment

YOur tellin me! Anyone else for recommendations. Just tryin to start a thread where everyone might like to get on and say their exhaust mods and reccomendations...similar to the tyre thread.

Comment

how about a spoon exhaust system ?? i can imagine it would b expensive but would that give the best power gains ??

Comment

what can any of you guys comment on the pirce and sound of each? I know the bc spec 3 is supposedly LOUD...but i dont think its crazy. Im after something that has a nice tune to it...and when it hits vtec....SCREAMS!

Comment

Buddyclub WINS!
              19,000 rpm still going

Comment

bump

Comment

how bout the HKS high power-silent..?
                  heard they r pretty good(correct me if im wrong)
                  not really sure what the gains r but they do sound pretty good.

Comment

I run Mugen Twinloop for street and Mugen N1 on track...and love them.....I think FGK are good as we have ppl have them both in VIC....they sounds nice....Not really a fan of BC although they did sound really loud....but Loud doesn't equal to good......

J@ndy>>>>As I remember Mugsee used to have the HKS ages ago so you can try to pm him see whether you can get some info from him....
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ
                    :blah:
                    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Ok. i know i havent really narrowed it down at all, but these are what i have found so far that im tryin to choose between.

1. BuddyClub 3 or Prospec
                      2. HKS Hi-power
                      3. Magnaflow
                      4. Skunk2 Mega
                      5. Fuji Powergetter

I know i cant ask yous what i should get. What i am after is any info or opinons yous have on any of the above including price, performance, sound ect....the magnaflow inparticular interests me....but all info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

magnaflow? r u serious?
                        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Twin loop was great for me - not too overly loud. Gains wise I think there are other options available but at the expense of waking up your neighbour's deaf geriatric cat at night all the time when you come home.

BC3 is farken loud.
                          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                          http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

fgk powergetter would be my first choice on that list, but I'm biased because I own one. BC is loud and not very appropriate for street use unless you have the silencer in (but that muffles the exhaust note)

You wont be disappointed with the PG
                            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                            sigpic
                            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

I havent heard anythng about the magnaflow. Thes why im interested. The others i have heard a bit about before now...but the magnaflow and skunk2 havent really got muc coverage. There may be a reason for that though...might be shit...as i said. I wouldn't know.

Comment

Working...
                              X