No announcement yet.

[syd] stolen DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news, sorry about the seats though.

Did the police give any info of how they got in?

Comment

good to hear you got it back andy.
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by Andys View Post
        By some kind of miracle and police work, I have the car back.

However the seats are gone and the ignition wiring/ECU is all messed up, not driveable.

So yes, happy to not have lost it, but now I have to find the cheapest way to get it back to normal (no insurance!) and on the road. Would prefer stock though may be happy with anything thats safe/legal. Anyone got any tips or suggestions? Guess I need to start trawling the for sale forums..
        Wow that's a change. Congrats!

Good luck putting everything back together

Comment

In case anyone doesn't yet realise it, the DC2R is a very easy car to break into, and also easy to drive away if you plug in a 3rd party ECU - thus bypassing immobiliser and oem engine computer.

The smart ones amongst you will already know that you have to layer on the security - a multi-point hidden immobiliser, alarm, datadot or engraving, if you want to stand a better chance. I'd seriously consider a tracking system, because...

Insurance isn't always the answer to everything - this was the car I wanted, the one I had spent hours working on, and driven many thousand of kilometres in, knowing it inside out - that can't easily be replaced. In any case, I let mine lapse because I was already in the process of selling and didn't want to pay another year!

Anyhow, Peter at Hanny's (legend ) has fixed up the ignition and everything else appears to be untouched, so this story has a happy ending.

Thanks everyone for your words of support! its been a rollercoaster at this end, realising I was never going to see it again then suddenly getting the phone call.

Comment

good stuff mate...
            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X