No announcement yet.

help my mummy buy a new car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before we get away with ourselves, New car + Auto... add that to do needs list...
    first post edit.
    when do we hit v-attack | www.eightsided.com
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fried View Post
      hey guys,

thanks heaps for the replies so far. i got reallyy excited about the polo after your mentions, but then realsied thats the manual price, auto = +2k. 25 is over the budget.

mum being mum is being weird and keeps saying random things based on hear-say from other wierd asian mums etc and shes saying "i'll prolly get the corolla or an astra". I'm like why? and she has no reason, just becuase some other old fart asian friends say they are good cars - but cant explain why lol... ARGH so stressful!
      I know exactly what you mean.

Was shopping around with my dad a few years ago. We visited Honda like three times and on the very day my mom and dad went out and got a corolla instead.

I was !@#$%^&*() but thinking back its pretty rofl.

Comment

EZ Suzuki Swift or Mazda 2.

The Swift handles well, well-priced, ours has been reliable no problems with it & is funky looking.

No comments on the Mazda but I do like how they've shaved 100kgs (or something) off the kerb weight!

I suggest you check up running costs of the VW - might not be much more? I am not sure, worth a look anyway.

I also suggest you look at the Holden Astra's reliability track record before considering.

IMO I wouldn't really consider a low-end European car..(barr the GTi's, Clio Sports & etc..)
        David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
        '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
        '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

suzuki swift
          Chk Chk Boom!

Comment

Another vote for Swift!

Comment

+1 for jazz vti. Nothing bad about this car at all.

Comment

Yeh i quite like the new swifts
                Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

new civic for the win.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by fried View Post
                    hey guys,

thanks heaps for the replies so far. i got reallyy excited about the polo after your mentions, but then realsied thats the manual price, auto = +2k. 25 is over the budget.
                    Polo Match auto is $22,490 with free on roads until Feb 29th. We only have a couple left at our dealership.

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post

I suggest you check up running costs of the VW - might not be much more? I am not sure, worth a look anyway.

I also suggest you look at the Holden Astra's reliability track record before considering.
                      Minor service for a Polo is $260. These occur at 15,000kms and 45,000kms. Then there's a medium service which costs $390 at 30,000kms. The major service is $590 at 60,000kms. This cycle repeats. Remember to factor in brakes at approximately 45,000kms (varies) at a cost of $250 and timing belt at 105,000kms at a cost of $750.

When you look at it the Polo is no more expensive than alot of other cars and with 12 month intervals is off the road less than the others too. It's a common misconception that they are expensive to service. My DC5 would cost more to run.

Comment

do it eric. polo tdi + bov lol
                        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                          do it eric. polo tdi + bov lol
                          lol best reply ever.

mum would freak soon as she heard it, she'd think something blew up lol
                          when do we hit v-attack | www.eightsided.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X