number plate position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

number plate position

does having the number plate positioned in front of the radiator on the DC5 affect the cars air flow at all?

the other day i was driving with air con on and after a while i found that my water temp was up pretty high about 3/4.

I dont know if it would effect airflow, just how much air will hit the radiator therfore the cooling of the coolant?

Comment

Hmmm 3/4 on the guage seems a bit high. I have never seen mine that high even on the track.

Was this in traffic or higher speed driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en_11 View Post
        the other day i was driving with air con on and after a while i found that my water temp was up pretty high about 3/4.

i'd suggest getting your car checked out by a mechanic/workshop asap

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          Hmmm 3/4 on the guage seems a bit high. I have never seen mine that high even on the track.

Was this in traffic or higher speed driving?
          With the wet weather you really wouldn't expect high temps even stuck in traffic, but today it wouldn't be uncommon to see higher temps but nothing close to 3/4.

I've never run anything over 1/2 temp even on hard days at the track. At idle with the ARC radiator it would climb just over 1/2 but once the car had airflow it was happily sitting just below 1/2 for a solid 10-14 laps.

Comment

it happened on a hot day in traffic...but as soon as i turned off the aircon it went down to just under half way

Comment

Working...
            X