No announcement yet.

tail light water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many bolts hold in the tail light? is it just the golden bolts? about 4 or 5? mine seem pretty tight already though...so i think my problem is somewhere else

Comment

there 6x 8mm nuts that hold the tail light in on a DC2r its a treaded stud off the light its self.

even though they might be tight the seal could be split or maybe the tail lights are cracked and water comes though.

from what i could see once water gets in there, theres no where for it to drain out can only evaporate out, so with mine i drilled 8 little holes in the bottom (hole for each segment) so the water can drain if it does get in there again.

to get to the tail lights you need to remove the middle rear panel and the rear body brace, in the owners manual it shows u how to do this as it necessary to do it if u need to replace bulbs.

pulling the tail lights from there is just disconnecting the harness to the lights and undoing the 6x 8mm nuts then the tail light assembly will comes straight out

when i pulled mine out alot of water feel on the floor BTW
      Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

would water leaking into the tail lights end up in the boot? because iv recently found that i have water in my boot...

Comment

Ok well i completely stripped my boot area -

Hopped in with a torch and closed the boot.

meanwhile for a good 5 minutes (I know water restrictions... lol) my brother hit the rear from every angle with the hose.

NOT A DROP CAME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont get it!!!!!!!!!
          "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

DAMN IT!

just noticed my car has the same thing in the right rear tail light ><!

Looks like i gotta get in contact honda get this replaced!!!
            Last edited by Zakarados; 07-06-08, 06:15 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

i just had one of my tail lights replaced under warranty yesterday =)

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
                i just had one of my tail lights replaced under warranty yesterday =)
                How long did it take and did they have the part in stock?
                sigpic

Comment

I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work...

They have to order the part in from Melb so you need to visit them twice, once for them to check and approve it and then 2nd time to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by 05dc5S View Post
                    I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up after work...

They have to order the part in from Melb so you need to visit them twice, once for them to check and approve it and then 2nd time to replace it.
                    Thanks for the info, ill get onto it after this long week end ><!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                      nope, i'm in QLD.

they said something like that they do not do repairs, it's easier just to replace the entire headlight/tailight unit
                      That's right. Since the manufacturer honours the warranty the parts are claimed by the dealer. Very few manufacturers repair parts under warranty. It's not uncommon to get exchange parts though. These are basically parts that have been returned to the manufacturer and overhauled back to as new standards.

Comment

i just tried to take out my boot trim, epic fail! i couldn't get the boot brace off any tips? mine is hectic tight for some reason. i could see the 6 nuts you guys were talking about, is there any other way of accessing the water?

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
                          i just tried to take out my boot trim, epic fail! i couldn't get the boot brace off any tips? mine is hectic tight for some reason. i could see the 6 nuts you guys were talking about, is there any other way of accessing the water?
                          That's coz u have girly arms Julian!
                          Haha.. Well I havent fiddled around with the boot brace so it wasn't me..

Haha.. this is funny how everyone is getting water in their tailights due to the rain in Sydney
                          Wakefield 1:14.5640 - DC2R

Comment

I am getting my ones replaced this Friday. Hopefully it will look normal, when i was buying my type S i saw alot of them with gaps between the bumper and the tail light due to replacement ><!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X