Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance

Hi guys,

I'm sure there are alot of thread regarding insurance.

However, I just need a straight cut answer.

Which insurance companies are there that will insure a 21 year old Male in Sydney, with a modified DC2R...?

I am currently with Just Cars, and I have recently got quoted from Shanon's, however, they are VERY exxy.

Are there any insurance companies out there that offer competitive prices, and will insure car and mods, that I might not know about?

Thanks in advance.

- Rix.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

I thought shannons only insured over 25s?

Just cars seems the best bet for anything modified, anything under 25 lol

edit: you might wanna try Vigil in VIC... i was with them prior to my licence BS.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
      However, I just need a straight cut answer.

Which insurance companies are there that will insure a 21 year old Male in Sydney, with a modified DC2R...?
      it depends on the drivers history, location, and level of modification.

so no straight cut answer i am sorry.
      ... retired/

Comment

Have you tried Ryno Insurance?
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          They don't insure our cars anymore, Felix.

Try Custom Insurance Rix. I'm going to try them and shannons as mine is up in 2 weeks as well.
          CARSFORHOPE

Comment

GIO Custom insurance..
            or Famous Insurance?
            '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
            wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

okay awsome. thanks guys.

Well I live in a good area, always garaged, perfect driving record etc.

Just need to find out who will insure me.

Soo... GIO Custom Insurance, and Famous Insurance.
              what about Young and cool or what ever it is?

On another note, Shannons does insure under 25 y.o, just veryyyy exxy. $3600 for me.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                what is ryno?

Comment

I'd try GIO Custom.
                  David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                  '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                  '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

GIO will only insure my car for 20K. LOL... Helll noooo....

Trying Ryno now.

Comment

How much did GIO Custom insurance quote you rix?
                      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Don't mean to sound rude, but didn't you read my thread I started a few weeks ago with the title "Ryno Insurance No Longer Insuring ITR?!"....

Don't bother calling them as they will not insure our cars.
                        As far as Young and Cool, they have merged with Famous Insurance now, so call Famous up. It seems for under 25's the cheapest way is to go with Just Car.

I originally got a quote from Shannons after finding out Ryno won't insure me anymore, and Shannons quoted me $2300+... however had a call yesterday from one of their reps and I enquired about my quote last year from them of $1600+... they had a look and they can do it for the same price as quoted last year... so I'm thinking going with Shannons... BTW I am over 25.

For me its either Just Car $1200+ with agreed excess at $1700 (if normal $600 excess, would cost me $2000 premium and I figured an extra $300 diff was worth the risk)

or

Shannons $1600+ with $500 excess

both offering me same sum insured with all mods listed... but Shannons has better cover (choice of repairer, etc). What do you guys reckon? Pay a bit more for Shannons?

Comment

i was told that "just car" does not want to spend money on insurance repair. hence many smash repairer are reluctant to take "just car" insurance job. or if they do it, it is up to the best that they can do.

i was with them and stop this year. i mean whats the point of paying insurance company but when it comes to things that matter (repairing the car) they are not going to do it properly. plus their excess is a killer as well..

i might be wrong but i think all this makes sense becos i have approached many smash repairer for 'just car' repair job and they say 'no'.

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
                          A/C Name: JDM Concept
                          A/C BSB: 032157
                          A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

Not sure where abt are you but I'm in Melb and I got no probs with Just Car when making claims.. Although both are only minor damages..

Even manage to go to my choice of panel beater as well!

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
                              How much did GIO Custom insurance quote you rix?
                              GIO custom said that I will need to get my car evaluated at some GIO place. And if I have any illegal mods, they will not cover me. So that rules me out - it's like being defected and going for a blue slip.

Looks like i'll just need to go with Just Cars... again.

I will try Famous insurance first though.

Comment

Working...
                              X