X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would this rim fit a dc5?

17x8 35+

17x9 35+

i know the offset would be perfect just worried about the width. too wide?
    19,000 rpm still going

17x9 would scrub alot from what Ive read on clubrsx.

17x8 should be fine , just.

But depends how much you also lower it as well.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

It would depend a lot on height, camber and tyre size. I wanted to run a 17x9 +35 rpf1 on the front and I think it will fit with around 3 degrees of camber.

17x8 +35 will fit easily on the front but may hit the guard at the rear depending on height and camber. For reference I know of a dc5 with a 17x7.5 +30 wheel on the rear with conservative camber settings.

I would not try to fit a 17x9 +35 at the rear unless you want to run a lot of negative camber, roll your guards and use stretched tyres.

Check out this thread on clubrsx for more info if you want to run a really crazy wheel size: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ght=aggressive

Comment

great thanks guys. will have a read up on rsx
        19,000 rpm still going

Comment

The Jun Hyper Lemon car runs 245s front so I'd be curious as to what guard mods they have done.

Comment

i know of dc5s with 275 tyres up front *just for test purposes* and stock fenders

it all depends on camber.

Comment

Chargers signature explains all you need to know about camber.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                Chargers signature explains all you need to know about camber.
                However running a lot of negative camber, say -4.8 degrees, leads to premature tyre wear. Apparently .

Comment

Time will tell charger (and jing), time will tell... :P
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    However running a lot of negative camber, say -4.8 degrees, leads to premature tyre wear. Apparently .
                    small price to pay if that sig is fact rather than fiction
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                      Tom you need some concrete.

Comment

Working...
                      X