X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detail or Respray??

Hey All!
    Just wanting some opinions...
    My DC2R recently got a bit of damage on the roof, hard to believe but my next door neighbours hot water pipes leaked in my garage (townhouse complex) onto my roof and left dried cement which has left damage! SO ANNOYED!!
    SO
    Option 1- find a good detailer... the only one i have found so far is Avant - Garde in leichhardt... anyone know if they are good or know of any others??
    OR
    Option 2- Get a custom respray, i was thinking a gold shimmer overlay, black base... my car is already black so it shouldn be too pricey...

go for the most expensive option
    claim insurance off your neighbour's building insurance and tell them i gotta respray my car!
    '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
    wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

Yes, claim it from the strata management.
      ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
      - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

just get it detailed. Respray will give u headaches if not done right.
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
          good man, as well as devalue your car... its not a GSI remember

Comment

^ LOLL, i take offence to that comment jksjks
            Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by Napoletana View Post
              Hey All!
              Just wanting some opinions...
              My DC2R recently got a bit of damage on the roof, hard to believe but my next door neighbours hot water pipes leaked in my garage (townhouse complex) onto my roof and left dried cement which has left damage! SO ANNOYED!!
              SO
              Option 1- find a good detailer... the only one i have found so far is Avant - Garde in leichhardt... anyone know if they are good or know of any others??
              OR
              Option 2- Get a custom respray, i was thinking a gold shimmer overlay, black base... my car is already black so it shouldn be too pricey...
              Same thing happened to me. dried cement ftl

One of my club's member's a detailer (or owns a car wash place), said the most you can only make it less obvious. 100% is not possible. But then again, he only own a car wash place, not too sure about his detailing skills though.
              For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

The Strata manager is impossible! he doesn't want to know about it!!!

The member that owns a car wash... is he in Syd?? I usually detail myself just can't get that damn mark out... might start out with a professional detail, see what happens. N il save the respray for when i eventually get a TT Supra...

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                  I agree with kavehman. A respray will never be as consistent and flawless as original honda paint even if it looks nicer initially.

Comment

Shame its on black too ... i know the sting of how damaged,scratches,ect on a black car really stand out in the crowd
                    Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

Working...
                    X