Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
    AAMI suck. No choice of repairer...
    Not 100%, if you go a driveway quote (only available if the car is driveable) then you can get 1 quote from your repairer and one from aami recommended

as i said, not 100% correct, but if you really care about you car then you'll go elsewhere

Comment

My car is with AAMI right now being repaired, I was able to suggest a repairer (this repairer die a job on my moms car and they seemed to do a good job). AAMI used the repairer I suggested and haven't given me any problems. They are replacing all damaged parts with new OEM so I'm happy.

However my car is out of order till Feb 4th
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

1) was it driveable
        2) did you use the valet service?

If you use the valet service you cant choose, the Driveway service allows you to nominate your own repairer but you gotta do the legwork

Comment

I didn't use the valet service, I had them come and tow it (car was driveable but they told me it would be processed a lot faster if I had it towed ... hail damage etc backlogged), I nominated a repairer over the phone and they said they would ask them to come and quote it, and they did.

It ended up going to them. Pm's you btw
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

yeh i suppose it was a time thing for you mate... i wouldve hung on personally (if i had my owwn person i wanted it to go too) and gone through the driveway service...

bu the repairer you mentioned should do a good job for you

let us know how it goes

Comment

was i the only one insured with ryno here? seems like i'm the only one with the problem... well maybe one other person on this forum too...

i dunno if i should go with just car and risk the largest excess for a lower premium... the diff is $800 less premium, but if i make a claim, it will cost an extra $1100 over standard excess... so $300 difference to take that risk... what do u think?

and how come same time last year, i got a quote from shannons, and this time i got a quote and its about $600 more expensive this time around? i haven't made any claims in the past year...

Comment

Working...
              X