Bit of an accident.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of an accident.

Hey guys just want a little info if you guys could help it would be really great.

My best friend has a black DC5R and had a little bit of a fender bender (got rear ended).

Anyway long story short the car had a bull bar and pushed in the rear a little...because of this it crumbled the boot area where the space saver usually sits (not alot but a little bit probable pushed in the rear boot wall 2cm.)

Is this going to be a problem to fix or relatively easy because my mate is stressing a bit and i wanna find out for him.

It can be fixed, but it doesnt feel the same mentally knowing that it has had the rear hit.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

of course i know that but can it be fixed to near perfect again?

Comment

Why not? Didn't Chi say that already? Not trying to be insensitive about the whole situation here but if you need some tangible reassurance, don't you think that a panel beater would be the authoritative source on this?
        Last edited by Waif; 26-12-07, 11:37 PM.

Comment

yeah of course but considering it just happened last night i didnt think there would be any reputable panel beaters open on labour day at 8pm at night.
          So next best thing would be to get the opinions of others.

Comment

There probably aren't any open on Boxing Day either.

Comment

Originally posted by Waif View Post
              Why not? Didn't Chi say that already? Not trying to be insensitive about the whole situation here but if you need some tangible reassurance, don't you think that a panel beater would be the authoritative source on this?
              um, panel beaters wouldnt tell you shit anyways,

asking people that might have experienced it before will always give better info that relying on someone who wants to take you money...

that is WHY we have forums dude...
              ... retired/

Comment

Not sure how on the design of the DC5r... But when I had my last car... they remove the rear bar, and drill all the welds out, and take the damaged part out, and replace it with a new one, then spot weld that one back on.

The car is still good... and shouldn't change its characteristics from before the acco (unless it was bigger then you expected, and there is more damage then originally thought, which the panel beater would find in the first place). So its just a mental thing of knowing you've been rammed from behind... hmm... maybe I should have worded that differently...

Comment

structual damage may be an issue?

Comment

Working...
                  X